What's new

Sun was out C&C

Wingutcg

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 21, 2010
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Location
Alaska
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It has been 28 days since the sun has been out here in Kodiak. So yesterday I went out to try my hand at taking pictures of waterfalls. Please tell me what you think of this one.
IMG_2012.jpg
 
The entire image looks soft to me. I could be wrong, but I'm wondering if it may be diffraction due to the 1/32 aperture?
 
Waterfall is gorgeous. Did you use a specific setting? or does the water ' freeze' like that when the pic is taken... like it!
 
You should have shot this while it was cloudy/overcast. Trying to capture falling water while the sun is shining isn't the best time to do this. ;)

It looks a bit busy, as those branches on the right are a bit distracting, but other than that you did good under the circumstances.
 
To get that effect you have to set the shutter speed to stay open for multiple seconds. The settings I used where F32, Iso 100, and 3sec shutter speed. Thanks for the comments.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom