Sunday July 14, 2013 on the Lexington Avenue Line.

The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
p1851801245-6.jpg

This one I like much better than the last one, 'though I think it could stand to have the half a white shirt and green sleeve cropped.

Yeah, those are there but taking them off looked a bit too tight to me but I'll try it.
The original title was 'Zimmerman-Martin on the Lexington Ave Line' but that seemed too far over the edge.
What do you think?

This one I like much better than the last one, 'though I think it could stand to have the half a white shirt and green sleeve cropped.

+1
This was my immediate reaction also, both sides cropped, it does feel crowded BUT I think that is a big part of the image, his direct contact with you, her obvious attempt at looking away and how crowded together they are.

Yeah, those are there but taking them off looked a bit too tight to me but I'll try it.
The original title was 'Zimmerman-Martin on the Lexington Ave Line' but that seemed too far over the edge.
What do you think?
The cleavage leads me to think she is not a Hispanic male. :biggrin:

I disagree with cropping the green shirt out. Better yet would be to expand slightly. It's a crowded situation and having the next person in the frame adds to that end.

Great timing on the subject's expression.

Body language its great on body subjects.

Color seems a bit gray.

I disagree with cropping the green shirt out. Better yet would be to expand slightly.
It's a crowded situation and having the next person in the frame adds to that end.

Great timing on the subject's expression.

I can get on board with that, the left has to go though, I go right past her face and to the repeat of her sunglasses on the lady next to her, I almost skip her entirely.

Can i ask, did they know you took it?

I am embarrassed to say, no, I don't think so.
I was using an Olympus with a 20 mm lens (40 equivalent FF) and just clicked off 2 or 3 shots with one hand and went on reading the New Yorker magazine without changing my position.
The camera shutter is very quiet and was lost in the subway noise.
In crowds I am pretty open because I can walk away from confrontations, but sitting in a very, very, very hot subway car, face to face, is a different situation.
My intent is to not get punched and get the shot - in that order.

Can i ask, did they know you took it?

I am embarrassed to say, no, I don't think so.
I was using an Olympus with a 20 mm lens (40 equivalent FF) and just clicked off 2 or 3 shots with one hand and went on reading the New Yorker magazine without changing my position.
The camera shutter is very quiet and was lost in the subway noise.
In crowds I am pretty open because I can walk away from confrontations, but sitting in a very, very, very hot subway car, face to face, is a different situation.
My intent is to not get punched and get the shot - in that order.

Cool, thanks!

Most reactions

Back