kayumanggisnapshot19
No longer a newbie, moving up!
- Joined
- Jun 25, 2026
- Messages
- 124
- Reaction score
- 142
- Location
- Okinawa Japan
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos NOT OK to edit
KAIT Plaza, Kanagawa Institute of Technology in Kanagawa, Japan
Most people who critique architecture photos like this don’t actually understand architectural representation.Sorry, but for me, the power of a good photographer lies precisely in the ability to tell a story with (preferably) no more than a single photo.
A series like this, with no fewer than 14 mediocre snapshots that lack any sense of impact and otherwise offer no added value collectively, is rather boring in my perspective.
You’re saying I “don’t understand what you mean,” but your message shows you’re missing the point entirely. The issue isn’t architectural theory — it’s how you present and discuss your work in a photography forum.First of all, you apparently don't understand what I mean; a series of no fewer than 14 photos in a single thread is far too much and contributes nothing to the goal.
Secondly, you are a professional architect, but in no way a professional photographer. I'm a graduated, professional photographer with extensive commercial experience in architectural photography, but not an architect.
I look at the photographic performance; after all, this is a photo forum and not a forum for architects!
Your assumption, "Most people who critique architecture photos like this don’t actually understand architectural representation.
They judge it like street or portrait photography, where one decisive moment is the goal. Architecture is about sequence, spatial reading, and context — not “one perfect shot” sounds rather 'hautain' for someone who appears to possess limited photographic knowledge.
Actually I’m thinking the same to you.A further discussion with a person like you seems to me not only a waste of time, but above all pointless; best regards!
I understand. Thank you very much for the proper advice.Nice work. However, I agree with others who have mentioned this is way too many images in a single post. Keep the 'per post shot count' to a minimum and reap the benefits of keeping the viewers attention. I am going to go out on a limb here and state that most members here don't covet the idea of scrolling through a large number of shots in a single post, but rather enjoy looking a couple shots, and then giving thier 'likes', or 'nice shots', type of short answer, then move on. Unfortunately, this forum is less of a forum than it is a social media site. Expecting responses where there is deep dialog and reflection of the topic is a bit of a stretch.
I look forward to seeing more of your work as I do believe you are quite talented, as these shots do prove.
Exactly—that’s the point. Thank you for noticing. It’s impossible to capture the entire building in a single frame, so the details, flow, and circulation are best shown through a series of photographs. That’s how architectural photography works, and I appreciate you recognizing that.Interesting building. While some dislike the number of photos they helped me realise how the building was designed with the concave floor and convex ceiling. I'm curious what it looks like inside during heavy rain.
Thank you very much. Appreciate it.I like the entire set.
Not sure how it woulf have worked if some shots were missing.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts — really appreciate it. The place was incredible in person, and I mainly wanted to highlight the curves, shadows, and architectural details that stood out to me. I get what you mean about attention spans and scrolling past longer posts.Must have been breathtaking in person! Such fascinating behavior with the curbed floor and shadows/light. I agree with reducing the quantity of images posted after the 3rd photo, I just started scrolling past to come down here and comment. Short form video, tabbed browsing, and internet in the pocket have shortened attention spans too much.
I do think if you were stying to summarize an entire week or longer trip to Japan with a thread, it would be acceptable to have 8 to 10 of the favorite images from the trip, but all from different scenes/setting entirely.
Thank you very much for this. Honestly, I can accept any comments as long as they don’t cross the line. It just so happened that the commenter above judged my ability just because I posted 14 photos, saying my shots were nonsense or had no impact (quoted below). I’m not going to be intimidated just because he’s a professional. Thanks again.Beautiful set - what a place! It must be trippy to walk through there.
Just an FYI: there is no stated limit to the number of "images per post" here at TPF. I'm not sure what guideline all these comments you're getting are based on, since it doesn't exist. You've done nothing wrong. The only suggestion I would offer is that you number your shots (1,2,3...) so if a viewer has a question or comment on a specific image, it's easier to identify.
The comments may be taken as suggestions only, and if you have another large set to share you may decide to break it up or whittle it down - but it's your choice.
I appreciate you ignoring more combative posts - there is an Ignore feature here that you may want to utilize.
Great place, great set. I like your decision to use B&W here.
Sorry, but for me, the power of a good photographer lies precisely in the ability to tell a story with (preferably) no more than a single photo.
A series like this, with no fewer than 14 mediocre snapshots that lack any sense of impact and otherwise offer no added value collectively, is rather boring in my perspective.