Sunrise in Alaska

Gaerek

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's a sunrise I shot this morning. I took an hour of leave from work in order to get it. I have some other sunrise shots in the beginners gallery if you're interested. I think this it probably the best of the bunch. Please let me know what you think. C&C Welcome!

f/16, 1/80s, ISO 100
612127981_D4v24-L.jpg

This just confirms my belief that Alaska is just one of those places I have to make it to before I die. I think I would like it more without the plants in the foreground, and maybe just a little more detail in the houses on the shore.

I have some other sunrise shots in the beginners gallery if you're interested.

I saw one of them last night and neglected to comment on it...

I can't remember what the tread was called, but the photo was one of the best sunrise photos I've ever seen.

Look forward to seeing more!

I think its beautiful! Great focus and exposure and nicely composed.

Thank you all for the nice comments. Unfortunately this morning, the clouds rolled in and there won't be a sunrise for me to try to capture.

Beautiful and I agree, I have to make it to Alaska someday too!

I am one of the lucky few that has been to Alaska. And let me tell you it is every bit as beautiful as they make it out to be. This photo is no exception. Simply beautiful, however, I think the houses either need to be completely silhouetted or not silhouetted at all. It's neither here nor there.

I am one of the lucky few that has been to Alaska. And let me tell you it is every bit as beautiful as they make it out to be. This photo is no exception. Simply beautiful, however, I think the houses either need to be completely silhouetted or not silhouetted at all. It's neither here nor there.

I tried the silhouetted look, and because of the tree line, it just looks like a jagged black blob. There's no real definition of the houses. I tried bumping up the exposure as much as I dared, but if I go too much more, the sky gets completely blown out. I think I might try to selectively brighten the buildings.

Thanks for the comments. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back