Sunrise over a lake

Will2k

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took this photo about 1 month ago. The sky wasn't very clear which was disappointing as it would have been a lot better without so many clouds.

Also i didnt have a tripod that day so it was hard to stay still for 1.5 seconds waiting for the shutter.

Hope you enjoy!

sunriseoverlake4qi.jpg

very cool shot... i love the clouds...thinks it adds texture...if you would not have told you added the pelican, i would have thought it was a natural...cool.

aprilraven said:
if you would not have told you added the pelican, i would have thought it was a natural...cool.

Damn it lol i shouldn't have said anything ;)

Thanks for your comments.

the pelican looks fake :p so I love the first pic

I commend you on being able to hand hold the camera for a 1.5 second shot!
Very good. Like the non pelican shot best.

Bill

Pity the poor pelican.
It's beak can hold more than it's belly can.

1.5 seconds? You're joking me! What camera were you shooting with? I can't get a good handheld shot at 1/30s with an 18mm lens!

Very nice job with the pelican. I also agree with the silhouetting advice. If it were darker I would NEVER had known it wasn't real!

The picture was taken at Middle Creek and that lake is narrabeen lake.

Yeah the shutter speed was 1.5 seconds, i was leaning on a stump like the ones you can see down the bottom but none of them are level so i had half the camera on the stump and the other half i was holding to try balance it and keep it level.

About 6 shots were taken and 4 were blurry.

It was taken with a Kodak DX6490.

I also made the Pelican darker for those who requested it :)

HoboSyke said:
Cool, thought i Recognised the location..

IM local to Narra as well.

Good shot.

I live nowhere near there but my dad has to drive along Wakehurst Parkway for work, so since i went with him we decided to stop there at sunrise and take a few pics.

You can get some pretty good shots there when the clouds are more favourable. You get a lot more red coming through and shining on the lake whereas in my pic the light looks white/yellow.

My dad is on this forum too, his name is "Spartan" he took a picture from the same location and posted it about 1 week ago. He used our old Samsung camera though which is a pretty ordinary camera.

Fishermans beach is pretty good for sunrise pics also.

Very pretty. I like the first one without the bird. The secand one the bird does look fake :blushing:

Most reactions

Back