johngpt

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shot tonight, 11Aug08.

Can't seem to get off the roof. (lost the darn ladder.... aaaahhhhh!)

40D EF-S 17-85 lens at 35mm.
Manual everything, ISO 200, 1/13sec at f/18. Tripod, focus in live view.

I looked at various crops. I didn't like any of them. I brought guides into the image, discovered that the larger tree is exactly on the junction of the lower and right side thirds. Maybe that's why I didn't like any of the crops. So, here's the entire image as shot.

sunset_11Aug08_by_johnguarino.jpg

I think you are right. Don't see how a crop would make it look better. Very nice picture.

Hooray for another local fella. I took so pics on the 10th with some of the same colors. Thanks for sharing.

-Josh

Don't care too much for sunsets, but the colors in those clouds are superb.
Nice job.

(yeah, no point in cropping here)

pascal

Josh, thanks. Finally another Querquean! PM me if you'd care to fill me in on where you're at and such. If there are a few of us, maybe we can do a 'meet-up' as other TPFers do.

Thanks CrazyDad.

And pascal, I know what you mean. Mostly these sunsets end up as a desktop background image for awhile.

So you did get back inside the house and to your computer after a while, John? Who brought the ladder back for you?
With clouds coloured like this, I would have felt compelled to take their photo, too! I am sure! Only have ours only been all shades of grey of late. No colours worth mentioning could be discovered... ;)

So you did get back inside the house and to your computer after a while, John? Who brought the ladder back for you?
With clouds coloured like this, I would have felt compelled to take their photo, too! I am sure! Only have ours only been all shades of grey of late. No colours worth mentioning could be discovered... ;)
Yep. Got off there. That was the ...aaaaaahhhhhh!

Around here we have to seize the opportunity when there are nice clouds at sunset or sunrise. We have boringly deep blue skies most of the time. Crisp, clear, turquoise fading to indigo. Great for golfers, sometimes frustrating for photographers! :D

nice pic!
i'll take blue skies over heavy pollution any day!

NM stands for New Mexico, I assume (also assuming that Albuquerque is in New Mexico... which I OUGHT to know but ... ahem ... :oops: ... don't just now. I could look it up but ... I thought I'd quickly ask.).

NM stands for New Mexico, I assume (also assuming that Albuquerque is in New Mexico... which I OUGHT to know but ... ahem ... :oops: ... don't just now. I could look it up but ... I thought I'd quickly ask.).
You got it. We're sandwiched between AZ and TX. :mrgreen:

I'm sorry, had to be a smart-ass. We're sandwiched between Arizona and Texas. We don't get the severe heat which Phoenix, AZ has nor do we get the wild weather, including tornados, which plague Texas.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back