Sunset Andes

myshkin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im in the andes at the moment and tonights sunset was a good one.
This is a 2 shot pana with the 50mm 1.4
Each side is 9 exps
photomatix and LR3

5452513058_4e071e263c_b.jpg

I really enjoy this one. Never been to the Andes but this pic makes me really want to go there. Looks pretty awesome.

This one doesn't work for me, the foreground is sharp but boring and the interesting subject, mountains, lacks contrast.

I love this shot, and the variation of color makes it interesting. Everything looks very sharp, and I love how it goes from the green grass, all the way up to mountains on the top left.

myshkin - Given your history of extraordinary work, I feel bad offering a suggestion. Like one of the posters above, I'd probably do some local contrast correction. But, mostly I'd consider burning in the foreground grassy area that enters the photo on the lower left and tapers off as you go to the right. It would help to separate the foreground layer from the intermediate layer and give the shot just a bit more depth. Just a suggestion.

am i the only one thinking of mount doom in lord of the rings now?

but when i ignore that thought, the green grass in the front and the white and orange in the mountains doesn't really fit together

thanks everyone for replying. It was the first edit of the sunset and I agree looking now that it can use some tweaks. Overall I like the scene but maybe I could crop some off the bottom.
As far as color I think it is a good depiction of what was seen with the naked eye and I find it amazing nature can have such variety in color

You guys might like this one better. Less foreground and more contrast

5453870221_125056e5d7_b.jpg

Interesting. I downloaded the original shot and tried re-cropping is different ways, but I never came up with your revised version. Nice.

I love the cropped version. Quick question: When doing Pano and HDR, do you first stitch the 9 originals individually and then do HDR ...or do HDR on each image and then stitch together the post-hdr image? Thank You.

I love the cropped version. Quick question: When doing Pano and HDR, do you first stitch the 9 originals individually and then do HDR ...or do HDR on each image and then stitch together the post-hdr image? Thank You.

For me, I do the HDR first then stitch.

Interesting. I downloaded the original shot and tried re-cropping is different ways, but I never came up with your revised version. Nice.

I don't think the second shot is a cropped version of the first. Its a different set of shots

UGD - I do the HDR first then stitch. Make sure to set photomatix the exact same for both sides. Then stitch then do final PP in lightroom

I want to go to the Andes now, what a great looking photo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back