What's new

Sunset in Albuquerque (mostly cloud)

yugamu

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
213
Reaction score
0
Location
Abq, NM
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These shots are from Elena Gallegos Park in Albuquerque. Fire away with the C & C.

1).
DSC_0413_1copy.jpg


2).
DSC_0409_1copy.jpg


3).
DSC_0405_filteredcopy.jpg


-Josh
 
The second is clearly my favourite and I like that you kept that line of land at the bottom as an "anchor" for that sky! It could do with a slightly more "sculptured" definition, though, I think, like upping the shadow levels from 0 to 12 or 15, and likewise upping the highlight levels from 255 to maybe 235 (or wouldn't that rather be: lowering?), and if then the yellow saturation (only that, no other colour) could be intensified and a bit of unsharp mask (not too much!) were applied, I think that one'd really be breathtaking!
 
Thanks Lafoto. Here's another from today. The sun was behind a group of clouds at sunset and here is the only glimpse of the sun peaking through.

DSC_0414_1copy.jpg
 
Last edited:
Thanks so much rjackjames.
 
Isn't that in Los Lunas?

Why is it that Albuquerque has the most beautiful sunsets? The Sandias are my favorite mountains in the world. I love how they change colors in seasons and in sunsets!!! I want to see you post more. That last one was my favorite!
 
Isn't that in Los Lunas?

Why is it that Albuquerque has the most beautiful sunsets? The Sandias are my favorite mountains in the world. I love how they change colors in seasons and in sunsets!!! I want to see you post more. That last one was my favorite!


If you're fairly familiar with ABQ all these recent shots are close to my house on the West Mesa. I live close to Paseo del Norte and Golf Course rd.

Thanks for the compliments on this thread and my other.

-Josh
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom