sunset lake shots

nrois02

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
went up to maine around york and spent some time on a lake. heres a couple of shots at sunset. c&c please!

DSC_0108.jpg

which one of these shots do you like?
1)
DSC_0123.jpg

2)
DSC_0124.jpg

3)
DSC_0125.jpg

thanks for looking

^^ I agree with Phelan. Your immediate description of the scene is "sunset lake shots" not a great plant with an amazing sunset background. I believe you were possibly trying to create some kind of nice foreground element to the shot, but its way too overpowering and distracting. So for me photo 1 is the better of the shots. Putting that plant in there, and especially in the middle of the frame is a big nono for me when shooting such a nice sunset landscape.

Composition looks pretty good in the 1st one too, almost the rule of 1/3'rds and the sunset is nice. My first thoughts were ohh those shadows don't have any detail and they kind of overpower the mid-region of the picture. But then I got to thinking that maybe this was not relevant to the pic, and maybe there wasn't even anything there worth exposing 2 pics and HDR'ing them in ps.

All in all, nice pic!;)

1 more question, was it a bit windy/breezy cuase the trees seem to have a little bit of motion blur to them?

thanks for the comments. it was a touch breezy.

First one has a nice mood and colors to it.

thanks manaheim and snaggle i will try to shot something like it again and focus on the back ground and see what i come up with

I actually really like the others. I don't see that often at all, and the soft blurry backround, together with the tones, gives a dreamy effect that is very pleasing to my eyes. :thumbup:

thanks fwellers, dcrymes84 and jvw2941!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back