Sunset Lingerie Shoot

NedM

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thoughts? Comments? Constructive criticism?
*Reduced quality/resolution for faster loading.

$10598266_1536368923253372_1469564923_n.jpg

A little more space above the top of her head, and her a bit more to the left of the center line would both help. Her face looks very pale and the lighting looks somewhat directionless, and the pic is super low-resolution, so it's hard to see much to evaluate except at the most basic, fundamental level. She has great hair, I can tell that much!!!

She's pretty but we need to see more background.

Very nice, I like the subject in the middle, i am not a rule of thirds fan myself.

John.

A couple of initial reactions.

1. I like the subject to "fit" in the environment. For instance, swimwear (to me) works better when it's around water (either a pool or a beach or whatever). Otherwise it seems somewhat artificial...kind of like "I had this cute model, couldn't figure out where to pose her so here we are!" So lingerie shoots outside (to me anyway) seem like less of a fit. I'm not saying you can't make lingerie work outside, only that to me if there isn't some kind of connection (like she's surrounded by flowing lace blowing in the wind or there is some theme to the shot where it makes sense, even if it's a Helmut Newton extreme juxtaposition kind of deal, it just seems like the background/environment doesn't fit the shot. So...that's part of the baggage I bring to the shot.

2. Top (black lacy bustier) and bottom (leather skirt?) don't work. I'd argue that they should match. Instead, you have cloth vs. what appears to be leather, one is lacey, the other not, one is fitted, the other wrinkled. To me that's a distraction. Far better to either have a matching bottom half, or just show skin (her stomach and back). Or crop higher and leave more space at her head.

3. Pose is lovely. Hair, lighting (some backlighting that sets off her hair) are good. Model looks beautiful. All that stuff is good.

Just a thought...but with her skin tone and hair, that makeup, and black lingerie, you might think of a high key (even more than high-key but washed out) approach in a studio. I think you'd get some very stylish results.

I'd prefer to see more of the background, maybe a wider lens perhaps? And I suggest using softer lighting. The model looks kinda pale
:/

Very nice, I like the subject in the middle, i am not a rule of thirds fan myself.

John.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and make a guess that Derrel did not mean all the way to one-third. I don't mind centered subjects either, and often prefer that over some contrived slavish adherence to some arbitrary "rule".

In this shot, if one considers the central line of body mass being where the balance point is, and the model's pose, which is turned toward the right, one might agree that framing just a little more to the right would give the model more room in front and at the same time provide for a more balanced composition.

NedM; pose and background blur are very nice!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back