Sunset on Lonesome Lake

jsecordphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$lonesomelakefb2.jpg$lonesomelakepano3.jpg

2 different panoramas from last Friday on Lonesome Lake in Franconia Notch, NH. These were taken about 10 minutes apart. Previous to this, I had around 3 weeks of disappointment, going out to shoot almost every day and coming back empty handed. My girlfriend's mom came up from NJ to visit, and wanted to go on one of the adventures her daughter kept telling her about. We were driving up to "the notch" originally to check out some waterfalls, but I saw some promising looking cloud cover, so we decided to hike up to Lonesome Lake which is a moderate 1.6mi hike. Once we got up to the lake, it was very overcast, and I wasn't sure if sunset would even be good at all. We waited it out, and it paid off!

Around 7:15pm the clouds started to break and there was around half an hour of crazy light that kept changing from orange, to red, pink, to purple. This is one of my favorite views in NH, looking east toward Franconia Ridge and some of the most popular hikes in the state.

Thanks for having a look!

I really like the first one, although the lakeshore seems to have a very slight tilt to the left (maybe it is just me). I prefer the first one over the second one because of the clouds and the reflection in the image.

WesternGuy

I really like the first one, although the lakeshore seems to have a very slight tilt to the left (maybe it is just me). I prefer the first one over the second one because of the clouds and the reflection in the image.

WesternGuy

Thanks! I think you may be right, about the horizon not being level, I get obsessive about that. It's not a huge lake and has a curve along the shore, gave me some trouble trying to even it out in lightroom

Do I see a dirty sensor on the first image?!

Most reactions

Back