What's new

Sunset over Bluff Point State Park

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
9,027
Reaction score
2,175
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Biked out to the end, waded through some water, and posted up on some glacial erratics for the sunset.

On the Rocks by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Going Down Smoothly by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Jake

Edited the first photo to reflect a slightly less extreme "eggplant" color. Below is an unfiltered (but edited using the same LR slider values as the first two photo's, I just copied and pasted the settings), and a cropped version.


Unfiltered:



Cropped:





LADIES AND GENTLEMAN... I think we have a winner.

Smooth Combination by f_one_eight, on Flickr
 
Last edited:
I really like number 2!


Glad you like it! Yeah, I had wished there were more clouds higher in the sky, but it was still a beautiful sunset. Not as awe-inspiring as I'd like, but nice :)

Jake
 
What is the matter with the sky ? Weird colour. But I like the smoothness of #2, just wish you've got more of some rocks and less of the empty horizon.
 
I'm not liking that strong vignette, the scene is nice
 
I'm not liking that strong vignette, the scene is nice

Yeah. I had used one 2 stop reverse GND, and I wish I had another. I has to use a 3 stop GND instead, and it vignettes a bit more than I wanted. I don't mind it though.

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
What is the matter with the sky ? Weird colour. But I like the smoothness of #2, just wish you've got more of some rocks and less of the empty horizon.

How is it weird?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I like it.

A specific bit or all of it? Haha.

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I'm a fan of longer exposures when taking landscapes, especially with water in it. I love the silk glass look it gives.

I like how you positioned the big rock at the bottom, almost like an anchor holding the photo down.

I also like how smooth the gradient is on both the sky and water. It flows extremely well and I don't mind the vignetting, I prefer vig on my photos.
 
I like it.

A specific bit or all of it? Haha.

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I'm a fan of longer exposures when taking landscapes, especially with water in it. I love the silk glass look it gives.

I like how you positioned the big rock at the bottom, almost like an anchor holding the photo down.

I also like how smooth the gradient is on both the sky and water. It flows extremely well and I don't mind the vignetting, I prefer vig on my photos.

Sweet. Thanks for the explanation. I feel it's good to know which parts of a photo others like. I try and keep all those things in mind when photographing, so not only I, but others, can enjoy my images. I definitely intended to use that large rock as the anchor. This sunset didn't fill the sky like I had hoped, but it was beautiful none the less.

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
What is the matter with the sky ? Weird colour. But I like the smoothness of #2, just wish you've got more of some rocks and less of the empty horizon.

How is it weird?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A colour like nothing the sky can produce. Even after volcano eruption. :). It's rather an egg plant colour.
 
What is the matter with the sky ? Weird colour. But I like the smoothness of #2, just wish you've got more of some rocks and less of the empty horizon.

How is it weird?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A colour like nothing the sky can produce. Even after volcano eruption. :). It's rather an egg plant colour.

The original color was a bit lame, so I took out my artistic license and altered it. [emoji5]️


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom