Sunset Panorama

I think you were about 10 minutes too late! :)

but a nice panny, though! How many shots did you merge?

I think its nice but maybe too tall for the content. When there is a nice sunset and good clouds, I turn 180 degrees from it to see what is being lit up... but that is usually mountains I am talking about.

I think its nice but maybe too tall for the content. When there is a nice sunset and good clouds, I turn 180 degrees from it to see what is being lit up... but that is usually mountains I am talking about.

I was hoping to get more of the sky and clouds then just the sunset

Cropping out the top may enhance this image, as there is not much going on. A capture 10-15 minutes earlier may have been better if your goal was to capture the sky, by adding more drama and color.

I think that CGibson1 called it perfectly. You would have had a tremendous sunset if you started shooting 15 min earlier, and actually captured the setting sun. Still, it's a solid sunset. Next time you'll nail it.

Jonathan,

You did a nice job stitching it together.

Shilouette sunset shots are tough, as you have to really have an eye popping sky or the object/subject shilouetted has to be unique or interesting such as shooting through an unusual tree or shape into the sunset. I have always loved doing pans, but always remember that if it is not going to be eye popping as a standard frame, it's most likely not going to be much more as a wider field view.

keep shooting.

I disagree with tthe general outlook...

It's as good as a Jaffa Cake - cos it has a smashing orangey bit in the middle ;)

Seriously, though, I think it's a great shot !

Mesmerisingly good.

If it was one of my shots (hah, I should be so lucky !), I would've cropped a chunk off the left side, but I think it's a really, really great shot.

Envy !

I agree with Baato, I like the shot, the layers of cloud give it depth, but maybe would have cropped about 1/3 off the left side, maybe where that natural gap in the trees is. maybe then the eye would start by being drawn to setting sun and wonder up through the clouds. But I like it.

Ok thanks everyone as soon as I re-find the file I will do that. I have been doing some system maintenance and major file movement on my laptop.

Most reactions

Back