What's new

Sunset with the New Tokina.... I Love It!!

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
9,027
Reaction score
2,175
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey! I love this lens. I do wish I had some GND's and ND's, but for 500 dollars, I'll just use HDR (as I did below). Edited in Photomatix, then PS CS5, then Lightroom.

Comments and Critiques are always welcome and appreciated!


A Calm End by f_one_eight, on Flickr


Smooth Transitions by f_one_eight, on Flickr





Best,
Jake
 
Wow... very nice. Tokina huh? Hmm.. methinks I'd best be updating my wishlist.. lol.

I honestly was worried I wouldn't use it, and I've used it many times since I got it two weeks ago, and every time I am thoroughly impressed with its imaging abilities. For example, I've found it to be very sharp, relatively controlled when it comes to flaring (except when shooting directly into the sun, and even still it's not bad), little to no chromatic abberation, and just a joy to use.

Best,
Jake
 
I'm totally jealous. I found the Tokina 11-16 on BH used the other day and ordered it right away. It came in and I went to test it out today only to find that the lens is a Canon mount not the Nikon mount that was advertised. I double checked my order and it definitely was advertised as a used Nikon mount DXII. They're closed today so will have to call them tomorrow to see if they actually have a used Nikon mount. So bummed! Now I have to deal with the hassle of returning it and I was really looking forward to using it this summer on my CA trip.
 
I'm totally jealous. I found the Tokina 11-16 on BH used the other day and ordered it right away. It came in and I went to test it out today only to find that the lens is a Canon mount not the Nikon mount that was advertised. I double checked my order and it definitely was advertised as a used Nikon mount DXII. They're closed today so will have to call them tomorrow to see if they actually have a used Nikon mount. So bummed! Now I have to deal with the hassle of returning it and I was really looking forward to using it this summer on my CA trip.


That's awful! I imagine the returns / exchange process will be smooth--they have great customer service.
 
Yes, I'm sure the return will be ok. Hopefully they'll pay the return shipping since it was their mistake.

I spent a bunch of time this week reading up on how to best use a wide angle and looking at tons of shots taken with the 11-16. Now that I have myself all revved up about this lens, I'll probably break down and pay full price for a new one if they don't have the used! Your gorgeous photos just add fuel to that!!!!
 
Yes, I'm sure the return will be ok. Hopefully they'll pay the return shipping since it was their mistake.

I spent a bunch of time this week reading up on how to best use a wide angle and looking at tons of shots taken with the 11-16. Now that I have myself all revved up about this lens, I'll probably break down and pay full price for a new one if they don't have the used! Your gorgeous photos just add fuel to that!!!!

Thanks! It was a purchase I am highly glad I made.
 
That's a cracking set...defo with the purchase!
 
That's a cracking set...defo with the purchase!

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed them.

Best,
Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Ya it's a great lens. I find it quite useful at night. Being able to use f/2.8 is great for stars
 
Ya it's a great lens. I find it quite useful at night. Being able to use f/2.8 is great for stars

It truly is. And the field of view is impressive!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Tokina make very good lenses. Well worth the money! I was very happy with my 12-24!

That they do! It really surprised me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
gorgeous
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom