What's new

Sunset with the New Tokina.... I Love It!!

Wow... very nice. Tokina huh? Hmm.. methinks I'd best be updating my wishlist.. lol.
You are rethinking your Sigma ha ? LOL

Yes these pictures are truly amazing!!!

Lol well I'm still going to need a wide angle zoom of some sort, but thinking for landscapes and some of the real estate stuff I'll be shooting soon this might make a really good addition to the bag.

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk
 
Wow... very nice. Tokina huh? Hmm.. methinks I'd best be updating my wishlist.. lol.
You are rethinking your Sigma ha ? LOL

Yes these pictures are truly amazing!!!

Lol well I'm still going to need a wide angle zoom of some sort, but thinking for landscapes and some of the real estate stuff I'll be shooting soon this might make a really good addition to the bag.

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk
hmm. so as you upgrade.. you sell the other lenses.........................
i think i see a sigma coming my way....:smileys:
 
Wow... very nice. Tokina huh? Hmm.. methinks I'd best be updating my wishlist.. lol.
You are rethinking your Sigma ha ? LOL

Yes these pictures are truly amazing!!!

Lol well I'm still going to need a wide angle zoom of some sort, but thinking for landscapes and some of the real estate stuff I'll be shooting soon this might make a really good addition to the bag.

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

And the best thing is when shot level, there is very little distortion. This lens is excellent in close quarters and for landscapes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Any critiques?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I just bought the Tokina 11-16 for my Canon and I'm so excited to get out and use it!
Also your shots are beautiful, I'm a sucker for a sunset.
 
I just bought the Tokina 11-16 for my Canon and I'm so excited to get out and use it!
Also your shots are beautiful, I'm a sucker for a sunset.

I agree. I was so happy I stumbled on this location. Probably one of the best in my area, and it was right there the whole time!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Amen on the Tokina 11-16mm. I got one for my D5300 and really like its IQ. It had many performance evaluations that were better than the Nikon 14-24 I was first looking at. Really glad I pulled the trigger on this one. RR
 
Last edited:
Hey! I love this lens. I do wish I had some GND's and ND's, but for 500 dollars, I'll just use HDR (as I did below). Edited in Photomatix, then PS CS5, then Lightroom.

Comments and Critiques are always welcome and appreciated!


A Calm End by f_one_eight, on Flickr


Smooth Transitions by f_one_eight, on Flickr





Best,
Jake
You came there too late to catch the sinking tanker, which spilled that crude into your piece of see. :lol:
 
I love it, don't worry, it's quite impressive..but if you're asking for critique..and I see this with a lot of landscape photos of tropical places - it's overly edited to the point where the water looks fake..it kinda just looks like fog in how smooth it is with no ripples or waves showing (2nd more so than the 1st).....don't hate me!
 
Hey! I love this lens. I do wish I had some GND's and ND's, but for 500 dollars, I'll just use HDR (as I did below). Edited in Photomatix, then PS CS5, then Lightroom.

I'm assuming this is a long exposure, maybe at least 10sec or more right? How do you HDR a long exposure? Do you just bracket 3 long exposures together?? Or are you tone mapping a single exposure? Just curious. These are beautiful.
 
D-B-J, am looking forward to your progress....so I can learn :)
i have the same Tokina lens and just bought the Singh-Ray Vari-N-Duo a couple of weeks ago. Still learning it but liking my progress.
like your photos posted, but have no tech advice for you.
Went out tonight and found the winds blowing the sand wildly at the beach, so didn't 't even take equipment out of the bag..
Nancy
 
D-B-J, am looking forward to your progress....so I can learn :)
i have the same Tokina lens and just bought the Singh-Ray Vari-N-Duo a couple of weeks ago. Still learning it but liking my progress.
like your photos posted, but have no tech advice for you.
Went out tonight and found the winds blowing the sand wildly at the beach, so didn't 't even take equipment out of the bag..
Nancy

I love the new lens, and have found it quite rewarding. Slowly but surely learning how to best use it.

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom