What's new

Sunset Workout

yeah... right...

I suck at PP and have no idea what half that crap is that you said you did lol
 
I agree about the lens flare with the first one. However, I think if you take away the first shot, the second shot loses its appeal. Its just people standing rather oddly. There is no story to the shot. The first one shows them clearly working out or dancing or something which sets the understanding of the second picture. So as a set they work well. If you had just the second picture, its a sunset with a kinda boring silhouette. Although just picture taking wise, they look great. Hope this helps.
 
It it had been me there, I would have had one of the girls there do squat and holds, only I would have positioned them cleverly over the sun, setting below them. This would have produced an image quite worthy of lol's.
 
I agree about the lens flare with the first one. However, I think if you take away the first shot, the second shot loses its appeal. Its just people standing rather oddly. There is no story to the shot. The first one shows them clearly working out or dancing or something which sets the understanding of the second picture. So as a set they work well. If you had just the second picture, its a sunset with a kinda boring silhouette. Although just picture taking wise, they look great. Hope this helps.

That's an interesting point of view but a good point too. The idea is to give the message of 'community' and 'fitness.' Well the first one says fitness and the second says community.

Get another one more related to brides/marriages and make a triptych :-P

Also, Dominantly.... lol
 
Thanks everyone for the comments! This was the first time shooting something where I wasn't in complete control. The instructor told us to take images as the girls went through there routine. We never had the oppurtunity to say, "Now do this and stand that way."

Some things I learned:

Super hard to get creative shots when you're following the action rather than leading.

I now know how to use my gear even faster before. When shooting sports I know that I need a fast shutter and the lighting never changes. Here the sun was setting, there were hills, shadows, sun flares, different elements to contend with forcing me to think on my toes on how to set up the shot.

And above all I learned it's easier to just go with it rather than trying to force a shot. Several times I thought I had missed a perfect oppurtunity and kind of dwelled on it too long. By the end I just thought oh well and moved on to the next idea and tried to work faster.

Overall this was tons of fun and a huge learning curve!

Thanks again for the comments and edits everyone provided. And keep them coming :mrgreen:
 
So how do you do silhouette pics? What setting do you set on the camera? Or is it all dont in post editing?
 
So how do you do silhouette pics? What setting do you set on the camera? Or is it all dont in post editing?

Here's my original image. I upped the contrast, saturation, and black levels in LR

I was exposing for the sky:
1/1250
F/5.0
ISO 200
Shot with D90 and 70-200 2.8

4465340189_af344b7816_b.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom