sunset

Killx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Went out this evening to have another go at shooting a sunset, found a nice carpark that backed onto a beach. Tried a fair few different shutter speeds and aperture settings as well as some different focal points. Pros/cons of each image?

Shot this one out my back side window just cos it looked kinda interesting as I was getting out of the car.
treesmall0kw.jpg

#2 I quite like this one maybe the shutter speed was a little fast though?

sununderexpbird2small6gx.jpg

sunoverexpsmall7je.jpg

sunsetwideanglesmall3pn.jpg

#5 This is probably my favourite shot even though it's not that clear and a bit dark...and on quite an angle now that I look at it.
sunsetunderexpwasmall2rx.jpg

#6 Last one, just so there was one without the sun actually in it.
setsmall3yu.jpg

Now that I have that out of my system I promise I won't post anymore sunset pics for a while :p.

All of them are very nice. My only suggestion is to try and not completely center the horizon and the sun on every shot.

Hey Woodsac what about this one? Exposure is not the greatest and focus is shocking but is this kind of what you mean?

boatedit3ic.jpg

Yep. Personally, I would take an inch or two off of the bottom. That way the viewer isn't stuck staring at the empty space at the bottom. Their eye will be drawn to the ship and the sun in the opposite corner.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back