Sunsets and sunrises in Iceland

bigtwinky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pierrebphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are a few early morning / early evening shots taken a few weeks ago while road tripping in Iceland in a camper. No better way to see the country than living on the road!

And the flexibility we had was amazing, as we'd camp for the night right near the spot we wanted to shoot... great feeling waking up and having your (instant) coffee in places like this.

Travelling for photography can be so rewarding, as long as you put the camera down sometimes

If you want to see a bigger set of images, I wrote a quick blog article with 15 or so images up!
Iceland rises, sets and rays | Travel Photographer - Pierre B Photo

Sunset in the west of the country
sunset-stykky-3.jpg

Sunset near lake Myvatn (would of spent more time, but our camper caught fire and we had to leave to get to a garage haha)
sunset-stykky-2.jpg

Sunrise in the town of Vik... crashing waves on a black sand beach
sunset-stykky-1.jpg

Love the intensity of the last photo. Looks like a beautiful location. In the first two, I'd try and clone out the flares--they don't really add much to the photo, and I find them distracting.

Cheers!
Jake

Nice shots. Same with the blog.

I love the first one. Killer. My brother is going to Iceland over Thanksgiving. I'm jealous. He lives in NYC and makes a zillion dollars an hour and can afford random trips like that. When I strike it rich someday (ha) I'll go, it's on my bucket list.

I love the first one. Killer. My brother is going to Iceland over Thanksgiving. I'm jealous. He lives in NYC and makes a zillion dollars an hour and can afford random trips like that. When I strike it rich someday (ha) I'll go, it's on my bucket list.

I saved up for 4 years to go on this trip. It's a very expensive place to travel, but oh so worth it. Was worth the sacrifices in the last few years to go there :)

I saved up for 4 years to go on this trip. It's a very expensive place to travel, but oh so worth it. Was worth the sacrifices in the last few years to go there :)

Well... I currently save up so I can buy toilet paper :lol: When I'm past this phase of financial independence, I'll start saving for Iceland. Definitely will be worth it!

I couldn't possibly choose a favorite! These are all wonderful . Thanks for posting!

Well... I currently save up so I can buy toilet paper :lol: When I'm past this phase of financial independence, I'll start saving for Iceland. Definitely will be worth it!

I totally get you on that :). I quit a great paying corporate job 2 years ago to do photography full time and ive totally changed my life style as the income is barely 35% of what it was

All are fabulous!!

Most reactions

Back