Sunsets, cityscapes, etc..

eahuntley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've just recently bought a D40x and gotten into photography. I played around with some 35mm photography many years ago, but this is my first real experience in the digital world. Here's some of my first photos taken while trying to get used to my camera..

DSC_0260.jpg

Mt. Hood
DSC_0264.jpg

Portland
DSC_0251.jpg

Dog outside of coffee shop in downtown portland
20080331_0057.jpg

Sunset
20080331_0061.jpg

Clouds at sunset
20080331_0068.jpg

More clouds at sunset
20080331_0071.jpg

Portland at night
20080331_0078.jpg

Morrison Bridge at night
008.jpg

Long exposure of the skidmore fountain(this is actually a color photo, but the lighting makes it look sepia)

Congrats on your new camera ... and you venture out at night at once. Very nice. I like the night photos best of all, I must say. All of them.

The dog is underexposed and not all sharp. The setting sun is smack in the centre of your frame, and there is a lot of dead space in the bottom half of that photo ... it may well have been your choice, if so then ... ok by me. The last of the sunset photos has too many distracting elements in them (car, corner of a roof) ... but the night photos are good. Maybe you could have moved the camera downward just a tad more in the second of the three night photos, as not to crop the light reflections off the bridge...

Unfortunately I'm far more interested in photographing at night than I am during the day, so it seems a lot harder to keep me concentrated while shooting during the day. There just seems to be far more interesting things at night and it seems easier for me to photograph correctly(the way I intend, I mean)

Thanks for the advice :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back