"Super Girl" Composite photo preview (post edit progression)

The shadow on her upper cheekbone I'm not convinced by. I think it's too saturated. If this edit were done in luminance mode, I think it'd been more convincing.

The shadow on her upper cheekbone I'm not convinced by. I think it's too saturated. If this edit were done in luminance mode, I think it'd been more convincing.

hmm ok, luckily I still have the massive .psd file for it, so I'll have to play with that :)

This is of course an uneducated opinion, but for what it's worth.

I'm bothered by the lighting of the model. You have the sun in the image as a light source on the left, but having light coming from behind her implies that in the picture itself there's another light source. I'm caught wondering what that other light source could be, especially since you have it broken up as though it were sunlight from perhaps another sun? Does that even make sense? I'm having trouble articulating what I'm thinking...

This is of course an uneducated opinion, but for what it's worth.

I'm bothered by the lighting of the model. You have the sun in the image as a light source on the left, but having light coming from behind her implies that in the picture itself there's another light source. I'm caught wondering what that other light source could be, especially since you have it broken up as though it were sunlight from perhaps another sun? Does that even make sense? I'm having trouble articulating what I'm thinking...

You're wondering about the mystery of the other light source.. It's done its job! I added it have some tenabrism lighting to the shot, and thought it added a quirky little feature. What could the light be? Maybe it's not earth.. ?

Most reactions

Back