SUPER MACRO, Testing Pentax AF160FC ring flash + Raynox 250

Well my dear, there are many reasons, but mainly because I said so.
lol.
If I posted my picture here, I'd be more wanted than I already am.

You mean.. uh.. the FEDS? :) lol!

Your getting more DOF than I would expect with that rig; what f stop were you using?

My Raynox will not mount to my 100mm SMC macro Takumar (49mm), I would need a 49 to 43mm step-down ring.

I was recently able to use my Raynox on a lens with a 77mm objective by stuffing the Raynox into the lens hood... it worked amazingly well. Try that for grins and giggles... might work for you! I suspect you hood may be too small though.

So anyway, I broke down and upgraded again.
Bought the Pentax ring flash to go with my rig.
It's elegant. Came in its own leather case. B&H had a sale and I couldn't pass it up.
Been wanting this flash for a year. Build quality is very good. Better than I expected.
Much better.

Shot this with a Pentax K5, Pentax 100mm macro, Kenko 25mm AF extension tube, and a Raynox 250.
At risk of sounding , not too modest, my rig is quite nice.
And we all now about me and modesty. It's my most redeeming feature

Beautiful shot. Can I use my rings on my 55-250 zoom for even closer macros than my 100mm macro?

Your getting more DOF than I would expect with that rig; what f stop were you using?

My Raynox will not mount to my 100mm SMC macro Takumar (49mm), I would need a 49 to 43mm step-down ring.

The way that works with your Takumar ( I think) You need a 49mm to 52mm Step UP ring.

Quite correct, to use it with the clip-on. I have a 52-43 step down ring for mounting the Raynox direct on my 52mm filter sized lenses & this was the direction of my thought. DUH! I have a couple 49-52 step-up rings. :blushing:

Beautiful shot. Can I use my rings on my 55-250 zoom for even closer macros than my 100mm macro?

On a regular lens, not a macro, you need a tube equal to the lens focal length to achieve 1:1, i.e. 50mm lens/50mm tube, 85mm lens/85mm tube.

On a regular lens, not a macro, you need a tube equal to the lens focal length to achieve 1:1, i.e. 50mm lens/50mm tube, 85mm lens/85mm tube.
Okay. Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense.

Most reactions

Back