What's new

Super Moon

flasharps

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 12, 2010
Messages
79
Reaction score
2
Location
Estero, FL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shot this from my driveway in SW FLorida

$SuperMoon.webp
 
Super moon...but dead center moon too...why ???

Regards :D
 
Super moon...but dead center moon too...why ???

Regards :D

It's a closeup of the moon. Nothing else in the sky. Completely clear. Why not???

I wasn't trying to frame it with a tree, mountain etc. Sometimes it's nice to see just the moon......
 
Super moon...but dead center moon too...why ???

Regards :D

It's a closeup of the moon. Nothing else in the sky. Completely clear. Why not???

I wasn't trying to frame it with a tree, mountain etc. Sometimes it's nice to see just the moon......

Except when there's a billion other of the same picture posted in a 2 day span. Yours is sharp, but no need to get defensive. You're not posting something original.
 
Super moon...but dead center moon too...why ???

Regards :D

It's a closeup of the moon. Nothing else in the sky. Completely clear. Why not???

I wasn't trying to frame it with a tree, mountain etc. Sometimes it's nice to see just the moon......

Except when there's a billion other of the same picture posted in a 2 day span. Yours is sharp, but no need to get defensive. You're not posting something original.

Defensive??? I wasn't getting defensive... Frequency asked why... Put the claws back.

It seems lately that some users in this forum are a little touchy...
 
Defensive??? I wasn't getting defensive... Frequency asked why... Put the claws back.

It seems lately that some users in this forum are a little touchy...

It's a closeup of the moon. Nothing else in the sky. Completely clear. Why not???

I wasn't trying to frame it with a tree, mountain etc. Sometimes it's nice to see just the moon......

Okay, we are the ones that are touchy. Got it. :lmao:
 
The photographer can't explain his intentions? That's weird.

That said, I, too, feel I've seen many shots like this. Also, I'm not able to see that it's actually the "supermoon", as there is nothing else in the picture. The focal length decides how big the Moon appears, in regard to something else.

This is a shot of a moon, with medium detail. Nothing extraordinary, imo, but I don't know if you're just showing, or wanted C&C :)
 


I joined this forum a year ago, maybe a bit longer. When I joined it was pretty friendly, but the last several months it's gotten bad. Really bad, antogonistic, hateful, bitter (not you Bitter) and biting. I don't get it.


Amateurs and Pro's alike tend to get very arrogant once they start getting praise for their work, or see anyone critcizeing theirs whom they think are inferior. You don't have to be a great photographer or even one at all to criticize someones work sometimes IMO. Maybe peoples ego's have grown since then.

It's already been said and im not saying this in a mean fashion either, without something to go with up against the moon you can't tell its a supermoon or that their is anything special about it, its basicly the same picture of the moon you get when you type moon into google and I think thats what frequency and others were getting at.
 
I joined this forum a year ago, maybe a bit longer. When I joined it was pretty friendly, but the last several months it's gotten bad. Really bad, antogonistic, hateful, bitter (not you Bitter) and biting. I don't get it.

when i first joined this forum, it was A LOT different.

it was actually safe to post what you thought without getting attacked, i also seemed to get better advice then

but it's changed, which is why i don't even come here that ofte any
 
I joined this forum a year ago, maybe a bit longer. When I joined it was pretty friendly, but the last several months it's gotten bad. Really bad, antogonistic, hateful, bitter (not you Bitter) and biting. I don't get it.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more! Photography is an art form. Some people will like it others wont. There is a lack of professionalism here though. Sometimes down right nasty. We are all interested in the same thing. Instead of bashing, why not share techniques? Isn't that why this site was started in the first place?
 
It's already been said and im not saying this in a mean fashion either, without something to go with up against the moon you can't tell its a supermoon or that their is anything special about it, its basicly the same picture of the moon you get when you type moon into google and I think thats what frequency and others were getting at.


I'm not disagreeing about that either. ;) I didn't think you were being churlish, but the fact of the matter is that this place has gotten worse over the past year. Attacking comments on others are up and constructive criticism is long gone. You do get the occasional person who gives fabulous criticism and recommendations but they are less common.

On this moon image, I agree that without something in the foreground, it's just another shot of the moon. Nothing special. I wasn't directing my comments at you. Just an overall observation during my tenure.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom