What's new

Super Noob

Diego750

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 31, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
hey guys, I love forums so i figured there had to be one or two floating around. I am 110% new to photography, but decided to pick up a DSLR. I got a Sony A330. I was told that a Nikon/Canon Rebel/or Sony A330 would be a good starter camera. I am confused on what everything means. Where would a good place be so that I could learn what the ISO does or how all this stuff plays into my shots??
 
a great place to start is by reading this book:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Exposure-Photographs-Digital-Updated/dp/0817463003/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1275338387&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Understanding Exposure: How to Shoot Great Photographs with a Film or Digital Camera (Updated Edition)…[/ame]

it will teach you wonders
 
well, this book is always highly recommended by everyone around here:
http://http://www.amazon.com/Unders...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1275338344&sr=1-1

i took a class at a community college about photography basics. they real advantage to that is having a teacher there who can answer any questions for you when they come up.
and, of course, there's a TON of info here TPF. ask questions and remember the search feature is your friend!!! :biggrin:
 
While waiting for understanding Exposure to arrive read your manual, a couple of times. Get familiar with all of the functions of your camera. You will learn when and how to use a lot of those functions later.
 


Wow, I just read Shutter Speed, Aperture, ISO by ~Tiberius47 on deviantART that was in your link, and it really helped explain a lot!
cheers2.gif

The author really puts things in an easy to understand
kind of way! :thumbup:

I bookmarked http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...rum-photo-gallery/123160-tutorial-thread.html

I've got some more reading to do! Thanks!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom