Super short variable focal length FD lense?

Call_to_Arms

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am in the process of teaching my daughter in the ways of the force, and as she progresses I am introducing her to new equipment. I started her with a Canon EA-1P at christmas and I have been building her up all year, I feel she is ready for some more glass, and she is intrigued by having a variable focal length lense, or "ZOOM" as she calls it. My problem is that she likes carrying her camera with the 50 on it and the idea of putting something like my 75-150 on it would make it akward for her to carry (having the build of your average 12 year old girl), I think she should just deal with it, but honestly I only carry a 50 on my A-1 90% of the time too, so I cant tell her to suck it up. Does anyone have any experience with a super short variable lense, it doesnt need to be big, 18-50ish, 35-80... I know I have some pretty short stuff for my minolta and my olympus, but i havent seen anything for the canon. I am also not looking to spend big bucks, we dont need big fast glass, she hasnt come that far yet. Thanks for the help guys.

I don't know of anything off the top of my head. FD glass has been out of production for 20 years...:scratch:

I would look around in used camera shops, or check E-bay. There is plenty of FD glass floating around and it can be had for a good price. From what I've heard, the zoom lenses from back then, were not nearly as good as the zoom lenses of today. You & she would may be disappointed with the optical quality, compared to the 50mm lens...but that may not really be too much of a concern for either of you.

Here is a refined search on E-bay for FD zoom lenses... http://photography.search.ebay.com/...ZQQsargnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ2QQsbrftogZ1QQsofocusZbs

I wasnt expecting to find anything new, ive been watching ebay. I was wondering if anyone would recomend one in particular, or even more important if they would recomend I stay away from one in particular. Ive seen some sigma's lately that I like, luckily I can be patient.

Most reactions

Back