Supercar Sunday photos

Nakz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some photos from a local car event hosted every Sunday. Post processed with Lightroom 5.

Thoughts?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424034183.586201.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424034208.123546.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424034240.919322.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424034264.052819.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424034278.153489.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424034295.354398.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424034314.639860.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424034327.457394.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424034356.172954.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to sound nitpicky, but these mostly look like car show snapshots. The backgrounds and lighting at car shows are usually terrible, and this is no exception. That being said, you know to get low and seem to know which angles are flattering to these cars. If you get a chance to go out and shoot one car by itself, I think you'd do much better. Take some time to learn about off camera flash and light painting too-that will give you the ability to shoot cars at night. Like I said, I think you just need one car and some time and I think you'll do much better.

If you want some ideas and inspiration. this guy's a friend of mine. He's done work for Mercedes, Pagani (yes, THAT Pagani), Vossen Wheels, RIDES magazine, Ken Block, and a ton of supercar/classic car owners.

Portfolio Andrew Link Photography

If you want some ideas and inspiration. this guy's a friend of mine. He's done work for Mercedes, Pagani (yes, THAT Pagani), Vossen Wheels, RIDES magazine, Ken Block, and a ton of supercar/classic car owners.

Tell him to stop cropping off the cars out of frame.

using tapatalk.

Tell him to stop cropping off the cars out of frame.

using tapatalk.
I agree.

The cars are not cropped. Click on the pictures, and these will enlarge.

So what I'm understanding is that the composition and post processing is done good, but it's just the background and setting that's throwing the viewer off? For now I cannot do anything about it until I get my license which is when I'll be able to get more photoshoots and solo shots of cars.

It is very hard to get good composition when a lot of people around and too many cars pack together. Pay attention on the histogram when you are taking pictures, and also pay attention on the histogram when you are doing post processing.

Last edited:
It is very hard to get good composition when a lot of people around and too many cars pack together. Pay attention on the histogram when you are taking pictures, and also pay attention on the histogram when you are doing post processing.
That's exactly what I meant... I understand the setting and background is inconvenient with people and cars but for now I cannot do anything until I'm able to do private shoots, rolling shots, etc. which is when I start driving.

That's exactly what I meant... I understand the setting and background is inconvenient with people and cars but for now I cannot do anything until I'm able to do private shoots, rolling shots, etc. which is when I start driving.

It takes practices and timing to get the composition right. Use flash as minicoop suggested. It helps makes the cars pop. Think as photojournalism.

Underexposed and uninteresting to me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back