What's new

Superduper newbie would like some CC

pic_chick

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 27, 2012
Messages
357
Reaction score
47
Location
new orleans
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$Deathvalley2010-3.webp

Mainly looking for CC on the editing and composition. Thanks!
 
Ok pic chick..nice first post.As far as composition goes...it is pretty good. Interesting perspective, but there is not obvious subject...the bottom stuff kinda competes with the wall in the background. But overall, I think the perspective is pretty good. Note that the wall in the background is leaning slightly right....I think it would be better from a different angle.

As far as exposure goes....there are some trouble spots. The mood of the shot is generally low...since the spot you shot is in some sort of cave/hole in the ground. The sunlight shining on the top is is hard to look at after all the shadows in the main part of the frame. Maybe try to PP some of that brightness down...and brighten areas in the bottom and on the main subject. Also, some more contrast wouldn't hurt..at least on my screen.

Good job!
 
I wish I had cleand the front stuff off it is the end of a road. Would it have made a better subject had it looked more like a black top?
 
It's possible...when in doubt...take it both ways. That's what I do.

I took another look at the shot...I think I like the rubble on the ground, but the multiple walls and bench are hard to distinguish. It is a very 2-D image...very flat. Personally, I love flat compositions. I might just play with exposure and contrast a bit..but that's it. Good job!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom