"Supernature" - Probably NSFW

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been feeling very spiritual lately, so I wanted to do a photo shoot inspired by how it's been influencing me. Titled "Supernature".

The hair is actually died neon blue. it's not a photoshop trick.

mg_9563_by_danostergren-d6h5mo9.jpg

mg_9531_by_danostergren-d6h5mnl.jpg

mg_9544_by_danostergren-d6h5mnz.jpg

Love the lighting--subtle and beautiful.

At first, I wondered if #1 fit the theme, because there's something moody and dark about it, but on second thought, some spiritual disciplines suggest that we grow the most through conflict and in the darker moments of our lives. So the dappled effect really works for me there. My favorite is the last shot. I'm a sucker for statuary poses, but there's also something timeless and mythological in his face and eyes.

Love the theme, processing, and the images are quite strong. Good stuff.

I like the lighting, exposure, etc, but something about the concrete(?) wall is making this image not work for me. Sorry, can't be more definitive than that...

I like the first one best. The light is super nice, and the tree-branch feels a bit forced to me. It feels like you're trying too hard in the second and third. They DO have a bit of a fashion look to them, arguably the essence of fashion photography is trying too hard, but with GREAT props. Lacking clothes, the fashion aspect is a little weakened ;)

Your expressions are good, ambiguous and thoughtful, bringing out that spiritual feeling you're looking for. You look like a seeker.

I need more light in the eyes. They are getting lost in your shots. I feel like these are lacking some sort of finality, and I am not sure what it is. It is defiantly with the editing.

I like the idea of the first one and the composition and quality of the second. There seems to be something about the color or some softness/lack of contrast that seems like it might be better with some adjustment. I like the idea of these, you could probably do some interesting portraits in this style.

I like the first one best. The light is super nice, and the tree-branch feels a bit forced to me. It feels like you're trying too hard in the second and third. They DO have a bit of a fashion look to them, arguably the essence of fashion photography is trying too hard, but with GREAT props. Lacking clothes, the fashion aspect is a little weakened ;)

Your expressions are good, ambiguous and thoughtful, bringing out that spiritual feeling you're looking for. You look like a seeker.
Thanks for the feedback. These aren't self portraits FYI. I was expressing my spirituality through a close friend.

I need more light in the eyes. They are getting lost in your shots. I feel like these are lacking some sort of finality, and I am not sure what it is. It is defiantly with the editing.
I think shadows help convey feeling and mood, and as a personal art piece for me I am happy with both the lighting and processing. They are subtle and are the way I want them, and I think more light in the eyes would be too much.

Most reactions

Back