Surprise Engagement

MatchlessArts

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
First off, its been awhile and I want to say hello to all of you that I haven't seen in a long time.

So I was asked to do this shoot where both individuals knew it as a "couples" shoot.

However, little did the girl know that we had a code word and when it was said we were at the right location for him to pop the question.

Here are some shots from that day, let me know what you think.

8862330662_2c8ded8594_c.jpg

8862333484_98a61a8c38_b.jpg

8861723515_3503585eb8_b.jpg

8861724355_e9e40193a1_c.jpg

8861727089_cfa86b3377_b.jpg

8862344966_2e2f6e4365_b.jpg

8861731949_348b0a7e33_c.jpg

8861729627_bfb7a20e79_c.jpg

Very stylized. Some may not like these but I think these are excellent. A couple of them are real winners. These compositions are offbeat, and yet, I really like the physical objects you've included...the sidewalk represents a "path" they are on...the lens flare effect is consistent...the fake rainbow is what I like least...and yet...it has a storybook effect...these are romantic, impressionistic, painterly. Again, excellent presentation in an unusual style. These border on fairytale fashion styling.

Appreciate the feedback Derrel,

I try with each and every one of my photos to create something special. I think that is why most of my clients like me.

People tell me that takes to much time or the workflow is too much but I just go back to what I always have started with and that is do what makes you happy and what drives your dreams in creativity.

Thanks again buddy.

I like your way of expressing emotions and colorful style of you photos.
I don't have too much criticism :), perhaps sometimes it's possible to remove or mute some excess details catching too much attention. For example the "red curves" on the photo #6: the hands almost lost competition for my attention to them :).

I like your way of expressing emotions and colorful style of you photos.
I don't have too much criticism :), perhaps sometimes it's possible to remove or mute some excess details catching too much attention. For example the "red curves" on the photo #6: the hands almost lost competition for my attention to them :).

Thanks Pete, I will def look at this more when I hit the editing room. Appreciate it.

I really like your images. They are well composed, in focus, and show a lot of emotion. I think your editing style is borderline overkill though. I think if you had proper WB first and then maybe added a few subtle effects then it would be believable, but when the WB is so far fetched, along with the extreme sun flares and rainbows it just kills it.

The pix r good. But ( young love ) is interesting to most

I really like your images. They are well composed, in focus, and show a lot of emotion. I think your editing style is borderline overkill though. I think if you had proper WB first and then maybe added a few subtle effects then it would be believable, but when the WB is so far fetched, along with the extreme sun flares and rainbows it just kills it.

Valid points Kathy :)

ty for your comments :) appreciate and learn from each one.

Look up Sam Hurd's prisming technique. It has that feel of Photoshop with out being so obvious. The possibilities are endless, but one thing you may find useful is the ability to create a "rainbow" across the image without shopping it in.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back