surprised how scared I was shooting a teen

mmaria

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I realize I don't know how to talk with teens! Honestly!

She's 16yo and a really nice girl... but... I was so confused and nervous so much. I was trying to figure out how to be funny with her, what's funny in that age... oh... :confused-55:

I shot kids, older people, boudoir etc and I'v never felt this much pressure before. I guess it's because all the time I was shooting her I was thinking about how to produce something that her parents would like, her grandparents and the rest of her family and facebook etc etc.

When shooting other stuff I don't think about that, I think about what will look good to me.

Anyway, she didn't notice (I hope) and she said she had a great time.

Here are a few pictures (there's more of course )

She's my first teen, how did I do it?

mila_050615_0038 (Small).jpg

mila_050615_0041 (Small).jpg

mila_050615_0094 (Small).jpg

mila_050615_0116 (Small).jpg

mila_050615_0127 (Small).jpg

mila_050615_0132 (Small).jpg

Last edited:
ah, memories....I remember my first teen.
but I digress...

they look good to me.
personally, I feel that 1, 3, and 4 are the strongest of the set.

ah, memories....I remember my first teen.
I'm sure it was all ok :)

This girl confused me at the start even more because she brought a black tight short dress and veery high heels to wear! I wasn't planning that! How to pose a teen wearing that?

but I digress...
they look good to me.
personally, I feel that 1, 3, and 4 are the strongest of the set.
Thank you for your thoughts!

Agree with pixmedic. In number two the stone wall back ground is too heavily textured and she gets lost in it.

I really like the first one...I myself tend to get lost in trying to make sure they are comfortable and nowadays it seems the face to face conversations are painful, everything is done through texting and tweeting haha.

Beautiful set! She looks very comfortable and natural. I'm sure she and her family will be pleased!

One tiny nit- in number 5 there is one spot on the tree significantlly brighter than all the others. Topish right. You may consider cloning that bit out.

Well done. As others noticed, too much background detail in #2. I would have liked to see some moody, non-smile stuff with shadows in addition to the traditional pleasant looking stuff.

really like the first and the last two on the bridge, esp leaning over the railing, she looks good, happy, that must be important

Agree with pixmedic. In number two the stone wall back ground is too heavily textured and she gets lost in it.
yeah, I know... :)
I really like the first one...I myself tend to get lost in trying to make sure they are comfortable and nowadays it seems the face to face conversations are painful, everything is done through texting and tweeting haha.
exactly! :)
I think I'm pretty relaxed person when it comes to meeting new people in real world, interaction with different types ages atc, but teenagers, I'm lost!
I guess I need some practice :)

nice work :)

Good, solid set Maria; nice use of selective focus and leading lines.
Thanks John!

Beautiful set! She looks very comfortable and natural. I'm sure she and her family will be pleased!
I was working soo hard on making her feel comfortable.. or at least that how I felt :) so, thank you for telling me that!

One tiny nit- in number 5 there is one spot on the tree significantlly brighter than all the others. Topish right. You may consider cloning that bit out.
Cloning now isn't an option because I already gave photos :)

Well done. As others noticed, too much background detail in #2. I would have liked to see some moody, non-smile stuff with shadows in addition to the traditional pleasant looking stuff.
oh yeah... me to :)

..but I didn't get anything like that from her personality so I wasn't able to come up with something that I thought suits her.

really like the first and the last two on the bridge, esp leaning over the railing, she looks good, happy, that must be important
thank you for telling me that, I was so concerned I won't make her look comfortable

Nice set Maria, I do agree about number two. I know what you mean about teens, hard for me too, like someone said its the age of texting.

Nice set Maria, I do agree about number two. I know what you mean about teens, hard for me too, like someone said its the age of texting.
Thanks Anna :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back