--Surrealistic--

Have you tried to crop this at the top -say just above the two vertical branches coming out of the black horozontial limb? That would put more focus on the water while leaving enouh green at the top to add some depth...maybe, I'm not really sure. As I read through the responses I was thinking perhaps this might be better as a B&W. Bee Bee beat me to it. Also, have you tried going over the water lightly with the burn tool? Specifically, just over the plants - wondering if it might bring out the plants a bit more and preserve the fog look on the water.

I think it's a nice location, definitely has major potential, but lacks any real sense of a subject. When you do go back there perhaps bring a model out there and put a person in that water or on that island, I think that would definitely capture a more surreal image.

Do you mind if I take a stab at editing this shot for your benefit? I don't plan on using it for myself at all, but just to see if it can be salvaged at all...

Please feel free to help on it....the original verison is posted above.....just promise to tell me what you did with it if you get something good out of it.

Have you tried to crop this at the top -say just above the two vertical branches coming out of the black horozontial limb? That would put more focus on the water while leaving enouh green at the top to add some depth...maybe, I'm not really sure. As I read through the responses I was thinking perhaps this might be better as a B&W. Bee Bee beat me to it. Also, have you tried going over the water lightly with the burn tool? Specifically, just over the plants - wondering if it might bring out the plants a bit more and preserve the fog look on the water.

I will try those ideas and see what I find...I'll post up any new edits that may have potential.

Does anybody know how to attach? All i can do is insert a URL image. Nevermind, problem solved.

3795901212_9469307079_o.jpg

Tell me if ya like this, excuse the low resolution. I did it kinda quickly and I used a real old photo I used for a different manipulation. This is just a sort of idea you can do with. I'll explain it all if ya like it.

can i get a ba-bump bump. I wanna see what you think Nate

Hate the lens flare...fake? I like the idea of the person on there. The interest is in the water though, as people have said. If you could maybe get higher, shooting down so the trees were taken out, that would be good. Maybe have a person in the water with just their head above? It would be a lot more work but the result has the potential to be fantastic.

I have no idea where this location is, so I can't say how it could or could not be achieved.

But again, that image was a feeler just to see where the photo could be taken in PP. I mean, the lens flare is a veryyy easy and quick way to distinguish where a light source is coming from, which makes my inserted person look more believable. It was a QUICK edit, hence many mistakes. But with the given image, I gave Nate some ideas.

But yea, i think overhead might look pretty cool.

Yeah, I've got some new ideas for this spot....I plan to go back when I have more time and a change of clothes so I can get out into the water. I didn't have that option last time since I was in dress pants and a dress shirt.

Thanks to everybody for the ideas...I'll give it another try.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back