Swamp Swank 2 (6 pics)

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My first eagle sighting, big sucker with at least a 6 ft wing span, awesome bird to see flying. It was exciting to see it chasing the ducks but not so exciting to see the photo of it, it could've been much sharper. :BangHead: Lot's of birds there so it'll be back for a 2nd attempt at a meal. (it didn't succeed, no birds harmed in the making of)
eagle 1241 (2)pp.jpg

2 Another Red Shouldered Hawk.
eagle 1131 (3)pp.jpg

eagle 843 (2)pp.jpg

eagle 1154 (2)pp.jpg

eagle 1084 (2)pp.jpg

eagle 1067 (2)pp.jpg

Great photos.. and too think you have only had the new lens for about 6 months.. you sure have captured some beauties.

When I first started seeing eagles, I would just sit in awe and not even try to get a photo, lol. I was too intent on seeing every movement to even care about getting one:biglaugh:

Excellent set but your file naming had me questioning my bird ID abilities. Lol
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! Now you have me questioning mine. I'm still fairly new at I.D.'ing so I'm a little skeptical of my judgement. At first I always want to call a hawk a Red Tailed Hawk but when I checked to verify it, it more closely matched the description of a Red Shouldered Hawk, red on the shoulders and not the tail so I went with what they said. Some birds are very hard to distinguish.

Great photos.. and too think you have only had the new lens for about 6 months.. you sure have captured some beauties.

Thanks a million, I appreciate the compliment and I do like that lens a lot but actually, all these pics were taken with my previous lens, the Canon 70-200, which I believe may need some micro adjusting like the new one needed to get the focus on spot. I recommend everyone with a new camera to do that, it made a world of difference with mine. I found that mine was back focusing about 5 inches so no wonder my new lens wasn't producing tack sharp eyes, etc. before the adjustment.
When I first started seeing eagles, I would just sit in awe and not even try to get a photo, lol. I was too intent on seeing every movement to even care about getting one:biglaugh:

I was mesmerized for a couple seconds until this little voice in my head screamed to snap out of it and take a picture. :02.47-tranquillity:

Very good shooting.......
Nice set, love the hawk!

Thanks to everyone for looking and replying, have a great day!

Very nice set. I like how the heron is lit in #4.

At first I always want to call a hawk a Red Tailed Hawk but when I checked to verify it, it more closely matched the description of a Red Shouldered Hawk, red on the shoulders and not the tail so I went with what they said. Some birds are very hard to distinguish.

Red shouldered looks better to me as well.
Red tails have a very red tail as adults. As well the chest would not normally be banded.

At first I always want to call a hawk a Red Tailed Hawk but when I checked to verify it, it more closely matched the description of a Red Shouldered Hawk, red on the shoulders and not the tail so I went with what they said. Some birds are very hard to distinguish.

Red shouldered looks better to me as well.
Red tails have a very red tail as adults. As well the chest would not normally be banded.

That's another thing, they said the banding on a red shouldered hawk's chest is light and that helped to identify it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back