"Sweeping Stance" | I Like Bridges

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Do you like bridges? Cause I'm a big fan. I stopped at the Bourne Bridge on the way back from the Cape this week, and the clouds ended up being better than I thought. Please give me your honest feedback on this image. Hate it? Love it? Somewhere in between? How can I shoot it better next time?

Shot with a Lee Landscape Polarizer, Lee 0.3 GND Soft, and Lee Big Stopper.

_RSP6821-Edit-Edit by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Cheers!
Jake

I've been getting little to no response here on the forum lately... Can someone enlighten me as to what I'm doing wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it but I think it might have been a little better in portrait orientation.

As far as not getting responses, I get more out of non-photographic posts. I guess you should've included a kitty or a young skimpily dressed woman. ;)

I've been getting little to no response here on the forum lately... Can someone enlighten me as to what I'm doing wrong?
You're not doing anything wrong. It comes and goes. Sometimes I don't get any responses either.

Bridge photo looks wonderful. I like with you did with the clouds.

I like it but I think it might have been a little better in portrait orientation.

As far as not getting responses, I get more out of non-photographic posts. I guess you should've included a kitty or a young skimpily dressed woman. ;)

I see what you mean about portrait orientation. I had wanted to include lots of clouds here, and that's why I chose landscape. I think I have a portrait orientation one, so lemme look and see.

Jake

Its really nice actually. I think there is a wee bit of an optical illusion going on as it looks ever so slightly off kilter to me though I'm pretty sure you've got it bang on with the horizon. Its a good use of perspective and the way you've minimised the foreground and trees emphasises the bridge structure well

I love this shot! I'd much rather see this in landscape than portrait--I like seeing the surrounding area, sky, and waterbody. :thumbyo:

I feel like I want to see the bottom of the foreground and the activity in the right background is drawing my attention.

I felt the same thing about the bottom right Jaca, something about that human presence there, while uninteresting, is distracting. I dont mind the landscape, although portrait would be interesting to see. the movement of the clouds is nice. once thing I noticed that I would fix next time is the centering. your camera is slightly left of center on the bridge making a noticeable asymmetric path of the bridge through the arch support. Good Job.
Did you use a ND filter to lower your shutter speed and capture the movement of the clouds?

I like it but it might seem to me the blue is a little "too" blue. I wonder if a crop of the trees & river might isolate the geometry of the bridge. If you can reshoot, try getting a little more to the right maybe? It doesn't seem "perfectly" centered to me, maybe it just me though. At any rate the effect of the clouds is just terrific and man oh man I have GOT TO GET ME ONE OF THOSE BIG STOPPERS. Love what I'm seeing from you with those things.

I like it but it might seem to me the blue is a little "too" blue. I wonder if a crop of the trees & river might isolate the geometry of the bridge. If you can reshoot, try getting a little more to the right maybe? It doesn't seem "perfectly" centered to me, maybe it just me though. At any rate the effect of the clouds is just terrific and man oh man I have GOT TO GET ME ONE OF THOSE BIG STOPPERS. Love what I'm seeing from you with those things.

You're right, and it's killing me. It's not perfectly centered. I realized the furthest abutment is just a bit left of center.... Damn! And thanks, I love the Big Stopper!!

The only thing I'd want to change is to desaturate the blues a TINY, TINY amount. Other than that, great shot!

I've been having the same issue. Little to no response, hence why I put HELP on each of my threads these days.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back