SX-70 with Impossible Film

Timoris

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Recently attended the Saint-Dolores annual gathering in Montreal I had decided the drop all Digital and change mediums, as such I had my Canon AE-1 and recently acquired Polaroid SX-70 (gotta love pawn shops).

The Following two I used a flash attachment of origin. Use your intuition, don,t subscribe to what the manual necessarily tells you to do.

This last one is taken with a JobPro, same film stock.

[ADDED 2013-06-24]

Last edited:
I am an old fool (maybe, :raisedbrow:) but I find this picture quite romantic and like especially #1.

Your name is timor, we joined within 30 days of each other and are Canadian? Welp, this might get confusing. :p

Hi. Yes I use Timor as my nickname here and everywhere else on the net. Nice to meet you but where is Holy Bear ?

[cue eerie music] I've been in a coma and now I've woken up in an alternate reality lol! Timor ... Timorous ... Holy Bear?

Interesting shots.. but not my cup of tea! Did you intentionally soften these, and apply some sort of vintage filter? I had an SX-70 back in the day.. and it took sharp, colorful images. Is that just due to the type of film that is available today?

Last edited:
OH translate it into --------, that gives a better Idea :p But right now I am located in ------

Last edited:
[cue eerie music] I've been in a coma and now I've woken up in an alternate reality lol! Timor ... Timorous ... Holy Bear?
Woke up ? Or shortage of famous Irish whisky ? THIS IS a reality show. All the way. :lol: Skol !

Interesting shots.. but not my cup of tea! Did you intentionally soften these, and apply some sort of vintage filter? I had an SX-70 back in the day.. and it took sharp, colorful images. Is that just due to the type of film that is available today?

That's exactly right, Impossible Project film is the only commercially available stock nowadays, the chemical process is not the same as original Polaroid. The film comes out as a bright blue and takes about an hour to develop, vs the 15 minutes of yesteryear (if I remember correctly, I was young!).

The last Picture was taken with a 600 series camera, so it's not the SX-70 itself but the film stock. For my next series I shall place a blue filter; cut up polarized Movie theater glasses, which when applied the right way filter out some red/orange light (NOT red/cyan glasses, I am talking about Real 3D). Can't wait to see what it does!

The first one looks like it has an enlarger diffusion effect applied.

Heh, all instant retro :p

The only manipulation I did do is to remove as much sepia and white balancing as possible without damaging the scan.

I think these are lovely, and I don't think a scan of an instant photo necessarily does it justice - seems to not really show the quality of the originals. I got an SX-70 not too long ago but absolutely love using the camera. The film is different than what I (vaguely) remember Polaroid photos being like, but with the right subject like yours I think it can work.

You have some wonderfully creative images on your page - I'm especially intrigued by the 3D shots. I'm going to go get out a pair of 3D glasses I have and see how the photos look thru the glasses online! What did you use to photograph those? I have a Nishika (thrift store find) and then found out the place that was developing the film, isn't anymore. Enjoyed seeing your photos.

And being a hockey fan all I know about Montreal is the Habs. Being a hockey fan, what else is there? LOL

Oh! I have a Nashika! I believe there is still a processing lab in Toronto (see link below)

A couple of those 3D shots were done with my T2i, taking two pictures with a tripod that can translate horizontally (no more than two inches for the majority of shots).

As for the vast majority of pictures they where taken with a Fuji Finepix W3 (see Sig) As for the format conversion and adjustment, I think this could be of help:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/beyond-basics/250570-3d-cameras-mpo-file-editing.html

Most reactions

Back