Symmetry - CC please

KrisztinaK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this shot for my 2013 theme challenge.
Week 5 - SYMMETRY

This is so different from the types of photos I usually shoot, so I'd love any and all CC you have to offer.

SS 1/160, f/8.0, ISO 200, 24mm
Processed in LR
$IMG_6695_800px2.jpg
View attachment 35638

Last edited:
Really nice composition, but way over-processed to my taste. I think you should try it in B&W.

I mostly shoot people so it can be tough for me to really see how much I can push a non-people shot. I appreciate your input. I will try to re-process this tonight.

Couldn't disagree more. ^ I like it as is. The lack of depth and high contrast give it an appropriate graphical quality. Sometimes one needs to boldly step outside of one's comfort zone.

Wow, I can't believe what I posted. I definitely see it now. I came home and compared this to the original, which is what I should have done last night.
I still can't believe I went this far, it must've happened so gradually that I did not pick up on it.

texkam, I appreciate your comment. But I am now realizing that I really did bake this shot.

I tried to figure out where I went wrong and correct myself, and brought this into PS which is really where I am most comfortable. I definitely prefer the PS edit.
The first edit was done completely in LR. I'm not so sure LR and I are getting along to well. Oh well, it's a shame. I was hoping to love it.

Original
$IMG_6695_PS800px-srgb-orig.jpg

Re-edit in PS
$IMG_6695_JPG-srgb_800px.jpg

Any better?

Also, if this can be improved upon in any way, I'd love to see other plays.

texkam, I appreciate your comment. But I am now realizing that I really did bake this shot.
Yes, ... you did. : )

This is so different from the types of photos I usually shoot
Take risks.

I continue to stand by my comments, especially the last: "Sometimes one needs to boldly step outside of one's comfort zone."

That is precisely the reason I am doing a weekly theme challenge this year. I have focused on 95% portraits , and would really like to step out of my comfort zone.

Any thoughts on the re-do?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back