sync cables and off camera flashes

Skyeg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i want to use a vivitar 283 or 285 on one of those flipy bracket things that keeps the flash centered over the lens. my camera only has a hot shoe so what do i need to be able to do that?

The flash brackets that I have seen mount where you would attach the camera to a tripod. You would then put the flash on the top of the bracket and use a sync cord to trip the flash. Make sure you have a long enough cord that you can flip the flash for vertical and horizontal without pulling the cord out of the camera or flash but not so long that you get tangled up in it.

thanks voodoocat

photogoddess i know how to use a bracket i wasnt sure if u could connect a camera with only a hotshoe to a flash with a sync cable...i should have worded that batter

If the bracket already has the synch cable coming out of it, there is also an adapter that on has the hotshoe adapter where you can plug the synch cord in.

I figured as much since that was WAY too simple. I have only used a bracket the way I described and strobes and powerpack. There are all kinds of things to attach to our cameras. Wow - more to buy and try out. :lol: Personally, I am dying to try out some Pocket Wizards. :D

By the way, the Vivitar 285 is a fantastic flash. I use it with all of my cameras. Very versatile, very easy to use. Better than any TTL dedicated flash I've ever used.

i totaly agree with you ksmattfish, iv been useing nikon Sb-50DX and SB-80DX for a while and i just started using the 285 and have found that my nikon flashes are staying in my backpack alot more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back