t-max w/ minolta 7xi

mobilepiglet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
ok... heres my story, i used to use an old completly manual pentax that used to be my dads when i would do photography... semi recently my grandpa gave me his old minolta 7xi, its a great camera but i have had 1 major problem with it... half the time ive tried it wont rewind t-max film, it doesnt seem to happen with any other film (ive used it all, kodac gold, kodacrome, NC 160, fuji from pro - plain 400) all other films work fine but t-max doesnt like rewinding... which is pretty lame... any help???

could the problem be that the B&W film is thinner then the film you have developed

summary-
minolta 7xi wont rewind t-max film

I have no idea why this is happening. I use Tmax 100 all the time with no problems. I'd have to guess it's coincidence.

Its been a long time since I played with a 7xi. But i know it had a ton of bells and whistles on it. If you have an owners manual on that camera you might want to look up and see what is mentioned about auto rewinding or rewinding functions. I know TMAX is bar coded so not reading that should not be a problem. But if there is anyway to disable any type of rewinding functions where it reads the bar code you might want to try that. Most cameras just rewind when it can no longer pull film and senses the tention then rewinds. But some of the higher end cameras actually read bar codes and frames and rewinds once it hits that point.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back