T&T

Darkstreets

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not much photo-taking this weekend but snapped this one at a cross-walk.

I think I'll call it "Tats and Truck" 'cause I'm bad with titles :)

2ymxan6.jpg

I want those tires and her muscles.

Anyone notice that the truck has two different sets of wheels?

The tilt really kills it for me.

Me too. More often than not a dutch tilt just makes a not very interesting photo even less appealing.
It took me a couple of seconds to notice the wheels.

The truck and the girl are going/looking out of the frame in the upper right corner, and human nature being the way it is, that influences a viewer to do the same.
So the bottom 2/3 of the frame and the left 1/2 of the frame have very little visual weight and most viewers will have only a brief engagement with the photo before moving on.

IMO the B&W treatment lacks sufficient contrast and density.

IMO, this is an image that could have been really great, but misses on almost all fronts as presented. The Dutch tilt does nothing for the image, the monochrome, while nicely done IMO, makes the tattoos almost invisible, and the excessive DoF means that there's so much detail, the eye doesn't know where to go.

Thanks for looking and commenting
It was a street 'snap' so I didn't have a lot of time :)
The aperture was set to f/2.8 so I guess I'm also a bit surprised that so much came into focus - then again, not sure I really mind it.

The photo was shot with an Fuji X100 fixed 35mm lens and the photo is left uncropped as I prefer not to crop in post.

Thanks again.

DoF is about more than just the lens aperture.
Lens focal length and point of focus (PoF) distance play major roles too.

The shorter focal length gets and the further away PoF is the deeper the DoF becomes even using a wide lens aperture.

DoF is about more than just the lens aperture.
Lens focal length and point of focus (PoF) distance play major roles too.

The shorter focal length gets and the further away PoF is the deeper the DoF becomes even using a wide lens aperture.

Thanks Keith. That's very true.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back