What's new

T3i

gw2424

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 24, 2012
Messages
566
Reaction score
55
Location
Somewhere in Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wondering what the market for a T3i is around here. Not sure if ready to sell, but just wondering out of curiosity. Also trades for a 50d would be negotiable. Don't really know the future for my cam but that is why it is the future!

Thanks

Would love some advice and criticism!
 
Just looked today $450 brand new just the body. Take a look at adorama site. That's what they are going for. I am planning on buying it for that price from them.
 
Probably about equal value to the 50d then?!?!?

Good deal for a wedding backup!
 
I love my T3i. I've only had it for less than a year but I am still learning something new with it once and awhile. First, is there a reason why you are considering changing to a different camera? Did you not do enough research prior to purchasing it? I would just hate to see an individual upgrade because they feel the T3i is inadequate. I've found it useful in many situations including both low light and fast-pace movements.
 
I'm not going to lie, the T3i is a beast of a camera. I just think the 50d would fit my uses better. Despite bad lowlight performance I usually shoot outdoors and indoors I try to stay under 400 ISO rarely reaching 800 ISO.
 
If you are concerned about the 9 AF points ,slightly better fps and the quicker shutter speed then going to the 50d would be decent but it is definitely not an upgrade in my opinion. You lose money on selling the T3i and 50d isn't the greatest upgrade in my opinion. I would rather consider the difference in price and spend that difference on top of money allocated for a better lens.

In my opinion(as an amateur), for a little bit more, a 7D would be a huge upgrade if the 50d are the specs you are considering. I'd just save up for that. GL with your decision though and hopefully more members of TPF chime in with their expert opinions.
 
If you are concerned about the 9 AF points ,slightly better fps and the quicker shutter speed then going to the 50d would be decent but it is definitely not an upgrade in my opinion. You lose money on selling the T3i and 50d isn't the greatest upgrade in my opinion. I would rather consider the difference in price and spend that difference on top of money allocated for a better lens.

In my opinion(as an amateur), for a little bit more, a 7D would be a huge upgrade if the 50d are the specs you are considering. I'd just save up for that. GL with your decision though and hopefully more members of TPF chime in with their expert opinions.


True enough, there are some people who would do a straight up trade.
 
What's the condition? I'm looking for a T2i/T3i for video... the D5100 wasn't cutting it.
 
Trading up like that is a rare thing to find. Very few people want to trade down. It's kind of silly to take a step backwards-ever.
You'd have better luck selling outright either on ebay or craigslist.
 
Sell it outright. Buy what you want.

No one (generally speaking) will want to make that trade.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom