Tabby Cat

N E Williams

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
nathanewilliams.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took a couple of photos of one of our cats, his name is Mork. Just laying there on the arm of a chair, I like these in black & white. I also did crop the second photo. Please let me know what you think, thanks :)

5075757297_58a7621752_z.jpg

5076352724_79b81fb2db_z.jpg

I love the second one! My only peeve is that it is not quite centered... But I love it in black and white, the texture of h is fur looks awesome!I also like the shadowed eyes. It's very mysterious...

I love the second one! My only peeve is that it is not quite centered... But I love it in black and white, the texture of h is fur looks awesome!I also like the shadowed eyes. It's very mysterious...

Hmm yeah you are right, I tried to centre it as good as I could but was a bit off, thanks for the comments though :)

I love the concept and the pics his whiskers really catch youre eye.

Both of these are cute (and sharp) Nathan. Cats make great b/w subjects.

I think I would bump up the whites in curves a bit though. Its more black & grey than black & white.

Thank you both, how would I bump up the curves? :)

Add a "Curves" adjustment layer to your image. It will allow you to tweak your levels more smoothly than a "Contrast" layer. Scroll through the presets and note how the shape of the adjustment line affects the levels in your image. Keep your histogram open when you make these adjustments to help guide you too.

Curves are one of the most powerful adjustment tools in Photoshop. Tons of "how to" on the net. And written more thorough/elequently than I am capable. Definitely worth your time to learn how to use it though. :thumbup:

These are both a tad underexposed. Which susprises me seeing as how you are using a flash up fairly close. Were you in Manual mode?

I actually think the exposure is perfect for the subject. It fits the images, particularily with the darkened eyes. I wouldn't want it any brighter.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back