tad retarded here!

rallyxe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
well not really but close enough :p
i bought a 350D but don't know much about manual features etc but would like to know how. I have pretty much read the whole manual but am still fairly clueless, i know a few basics but thats about it. I also hate reading instructions :scratch: anyone want to add me to msn and help me out or give me some tips on here? like this gives you this effect when shooting this etc etc

thanks guys!

Go out and take as many pictures as you can!

I have a 300D, and while I did read up a bit to understand apertures and exposures, I learnt the most from playing with the camera. Try using some of the special modes, e.g. the Portrait mode, but when you do, have a look and see what the camera is doing, aperture, time of exposure etc.

I started with those modes, and then moved on to 'P' mode, and now I often use the Tv and Av modes, depending on what I want to do.

You can also start playing with the ISO setting too.

It's digital, so if you're taking a picture, take 3 or 4 with different settings. Then when you put them on your computer you can compre them, and then see what settings are best for certain situations.

Colin

That's the good thing about digital...you can change the settings and see the results immediately.

The manual will help you work the camera but it won't help you understand what & why you want to make the camera work for you.

The basics of photography have not changed in my life time...do some reading about basic exposure. Even from an old book. Aperture & shutter speed...what they do and how they relate to one another. Learn how to use aperture to control depth of field and how to use shutter speed to control motion blur and prevent camera shake.

Take lots of photos, and always be aware of what the camera's meter is telling you (the aperture and shutter speed numbers). Try using manual mode and changing the values bit by bit...and look at how that changes the image.

cool good idea, i think i have some books lying around
thanks!

Most reactions

Back