Take My Hand

boogaguy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So what is the opinion of the exposure and its effect?

CopyofTakeMyHandsmall.jpg

I like this one, but I think it would be more effective in a blue tint.

But he didn't ask about the tinting. This sepia color is a running theme through most of the pictures I have seen from boogaguy, so I think it is a personal preference for him but maybe he could shed some light on the choice for us?

I am just wondering, what is the picture trying to show? Someone coming back to life? Or is it the spirit of the person holding the womans hand?

If it's the latter, i think you need less exposure on the sitting up guy, and expose the guy laying down a little longer.

If it is a resurrection type deal I think your exposure fits the theme/mood of the picture very well.

But he didn't ask about the tinting. This sepia color is a running theme through most of the pictures I have seen from boogaguy, so I think it is a personal preference for him but maybe he could shed some light on the choice for us?

I am just wondering, what is the picture trying to show? Someone coming back to life? Or is it the spirit of the person holding the womans hand?

If it's the latter, i think you need less exposure on the sitting up guy, and expose the guy laying down a little longer.

If it is a resurrection type deal I think your exposure fits the theme/mood of the picture very well.

I like the sepia because of the old pictures in my family shoe boxes. They are all old and have that old sepia look naturally. To me the sepia has a creepy aesthetic. Its old, weathered an aged so I choose to use it in different shades as I think it adds that look to the pictures that feel right to me and match what i see in my head.

The picture is definately a resurection.
The spirit leaving the deadman laying on the bed.

I like the sepia because of the old pictures in my family shoe boxes. They are all old and have that old sepia look naturally. To me the sepia has a creepy aesthetic. Its old, weathered an aged so I choose to use it in different shades as I think it adds that look to the pictures that feel right to me and match what i see in my head.

The picture is definately a resurection.
The spirit leaving the deadman laying on the bed.

and I think the sepia adds to the photo as well. I wouldn't go any other color hue, though if I were experimenting I'd try a less strong hue, and possibly black and white (but I'm sure you've already tried that).

If you are going for a spirit leaving the dead man, I'd switch the exposures on the two to make the sitting "spirit" look more transparent, while leaving the body solid, since most people are solid.:lol:

Most reactions

Back