Taking Pictures To Sell?

bc2292

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay so my Gf is pushing me to try and sell some of my photography but most of it is personal pictures i've taken. Not exactly like sell to someone and they hang it up in thier living room kind of material. So any suggestions to help me come up with ideas to shoot? If you were looking for a picture to hang in your house what would it be?

Okay so my Gf is pushing me to try and sell some of my photography but most of it is personal pictures i've taken. Not exactly like sell to someone and they hang it up in thier living room kind of material. So any suggestions to help me come up with ideas to shoot? If you were looking for a picture to hang in your house what would it be?

Are you sure your Gf is pushing you....;)

if so, it won't really work. People can feel what you put into the photos you take, if you catch my drift.

Are you sure your Gf is pushing you....;)

if so, it won't really work. People can feel what you put into the photos you take, if you catch my drift.

Haha :lol:
This is true, but i guess i just would have some like ideas in my head.
I'm thinking about maybe buying a bunch of floating candles and putting them into a small pond and maybe that will turn out decent?

I'm thinking about maybe buying a bunch of floating candles and putting them into a small pond and maybe that will turn out decent?

That concept has beed performed many times. if you do it, make it your own.

Start looking at different forums and stock photo sites to get ideas.
Don't forget to write down what you like. Spend some time doing this, it will pay dividends later.
Once you have written down 100 different ideas, then sit down and compose how you will do them, but do them differently.

Then shoot away, maybe even bring your Gf along to help. ;):mrgreen:

That concept has beed performed many times. if you do it, make it your own.

Start looking at different forums and stock photo sites to get ideas.
Don't forget to write down what you like. Spend some time doing this, it will pay dividends later.
Once you have written down 100 different ideas, then sit down and compose how you will do them, but do them differently.

Then shoot away, maybe even bring your Gf along to help. ;):mrgreen:

Ahh true thanks i would never have thought about Stock Photo's.
Words of wisdom right there. Thank you sir! :thumbup:
Haha she's deemed herself my assistant now too

Most people making money from photography are doing so in providing photography as a service/product rather than a product alone. What I mean is that you get hired to photograph something specific and then provide the client with the pictures in one form or another.

I read somewhere that 85% of the stock photographs that sell have people in them.

maybe you;re interested in cameradollars, find more: photoraphy.thegroovie.com

Most reactions

New Topics

Back