Taking wide angle shots (Sony Nex 3n)

PugFugly88

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello, I just bought a Sony Nex 3n. I am a beginner and I plan to use this camera to learn as much as I can before possibly getting something better.

So I have the kit lens, which is Sony E 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 Sony Lens: Zooms - Sony E 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 PZ OSS SELP1650 (Tested) - SLRgear.com!

Does the 16-50mm refer to the focal length? If so, how do I control it and take advantage of the 16mm? I have read the manuals and tried my best to find answers online but I could not. I want to take as wide as possible shots as I can with this lens before I consider buying other lenses.

Thanks for any help!

Hello, I just bought a Sony Nex 3n. I am a beginner and I plan to use this camera to learn as much as I can before possibly getting something better.

So I have the kit lens, which is Sony E 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 Sony Lens: Zooms - Sony E 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 PZ OSS SELP1650 (Tested) - SLRgear.com!

Does the 16-50mm refer to the focal length? If so, how do I control it and take advantage of the 16mm? I have read the manuals and tried my best to find answers online but I could not. I want to take as wide as possible shots as I can with this lens before I consider buying other lenses.

Thanks for any help!

Loks to me, that your learning curve you should start from reading this:
http://manualesdecine.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/the-camera-ansel-adams-series-no-1.pdf
Especially the part about optics.
Digital camera doesn't absolve from acquiring knowledge the old fashion way. Believe me, doing this will cut down your disappointments.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back