Tamron 10 - 24 f/3.5 - 4.5

MartyCrean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Are there any folks here using this lens in Real Estate photography? Using it with my Nikon D7200 I find it to be soft. Is it even possible to get tack sharp photos with this lens? (I can get tack sharp photos with other Nikon lenses I use.) Thx....

Based on DXOMark, you'll get the sharpest results at 10mm and f7.1. You could push it to f8, but then sharpness drops off quickly. On crop, that should be fine.

Try liveview focusing, going to f7.1 or f8, pick a shutter speed of 1/200 or faster, and get as low an ISO as you can (400 or less). See if the results are sharper.

Thanks for the feedback. Dennis, good to know I'm not losing my marbles here. Paul, you are absolutely correct. f/7.1 is the sharpest. I've been shooting my Real Estate images using a tripod, cable release, live view (for more accurate sensor focus and no mirror slap) at ISO 100 and this lens is still terrible. I've barely gotten by with some significant over processing in LR and PS. The untrained layperson doesn't see it, but myself and other pros do. I am seriously even questioning the color accuracy of this lens.

This pains me greatly (well, at least my wallet), but I think I'm going to have to move into an FX (Like a D750) and a high quality 14 - 24 f/2.8. I really do love what I'm doing in RE Photography, but these images will be the death of me before I even get this part of my business up and going.

Thanks guys.... Cheers, Marty

Go with the 15-30 Tamron. Just as good as the Nikon 14-24, but nearly half the price. While you may dislike your 10-24, the 15-30 is a whole different lens from a new lineup.

Note, after looking over old photo's with that lens ... there there appears to be a front focus issue (our previous cameras did not have focus adjustment ability)
... so you may want to look into micro adjustment with focus first.

Thank you Dennis. I'll look more closely at that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back