Tamron 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD with Canon EOS 5DSR

victorhugoa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Can somebody comment if this lens works well or bad with the EOS 5DSR?
Thanks.

I found it listed for sale at Adorama, and the spec's say for full-frame and APS-C cameras. So the answer should be yes, it will work on the new Canon full-frame 5DSR model.

Tamron 28-300mm

Can somebody comment if this lens works well or bad with the EOS 5DSR?
Thanks.

It will not take advantage of the megapixels on the sensor, so if you mean "well" or "bad" in that way... then it isn't a great pairing. But it will work just as well as on any other full frame or DX camera.

The sensor on the 5dsr will out resolve that lens big time. More megapixels means more money on lenses

Thanks for your comments. I will use an EF 24-70mm F/2.8 as my main lens, but I want the 28-300 for the moments when I need the zoom with more than 70mm

What you need is a 70-200, even the cheapest non-IS F/4 from Canon would work great, and HOLY **** better then the Tamron you mention.
The Tamron would be like putting low end all-season cheap tires on a race car.

It'll still go fast but..

How'd you even end up with a 5DSR?
Something tells me you could have gotten a "better" camera for your needs for less money.

70-200 FTW hands down! Even that wont out resolve the sensor, most likely.

Thank you for the advise DB Cro, I like this idea better, I'm looking at this other lens "Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM Lens". I will use it to shoot from a helicopter and action images (non sport). Comments?
Right now I'm using Nikon with similar characteristics.

If you can afford that Canon lens you're set.
It's the best 70-200 lens Canon ever made and probably the best 70-200 ever made by any brand.
It'll match your 24-70 flawlessly.

The Tamron would be "WTF am I doing wrong?" after you look at the images after the 24-70 and 70-200.
Not to mention the F/6.3 aperture of the Tamron, and your 5DSR not liking high ISO that much.

Just go buy that and it'll be a lens you'll never want to replace.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back