Tamron AF28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC

Reel1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone have any experience with this lens? I am thinking that it may make a good walk around lens on a D200.

Any thoughts?

if you don't plan to make any enlargements with it you'll be fine. My first lens was a tamron 28-200 for a nikon. Enlargements over 8x10 were a pain to look at. Have vowed never to shoot on a superzoom again. But maybe things have improved?

Nah, 28 isn't wide enough. Superzooms are awful. What is excluding a mid and a wide? Do you really that much tele for walk around?

Nah, 28 isn't wide enough. Superzooms are awful. What is excluding a mid and a wide? Do you really that much tele for walk around?

I have a Tokina 12-24 if I need/want to go wider, I really like the zoom range of this lens.

I have a Tokina 12-24 if I need/want to go wider, I really like the zoom range of this lens.

The zoom range is too far, what it will give you is very soft shots at both ends of the range..

Take the large FL and divide by the low FL...anything over 4 will almost always give you soft shots at the ends.

Disclaimer .... there are some exeptions.....but you get what you pay for.

Most reactions

Back