What's new

Tamron vs. Sigma

mommy22

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 13, 2009
Messages
191
Reaction score
0
Location
Oregon
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Do Tamron and Sigma lenses fit on a D80? Which one is better? I have always just saved up my money and gotten a Nikon lense but I really want some new lenses...
 
yes, but make sure you get a nikon mount one. Best is subjective. They're both good brands, but I prefer sigma. I just ordered a 24-70 f 2.8 Sigma and have a 50-500mm Sigma, so I'm a little biased. But I've used a few Tamrons with no complaints.
 
Asking which is better could be equated to asking if Canon or Nikon is better. It'd be more accurate to find specific lenses that you're interested in from either manufacturer and get opinions about the specific lenses. They make lenses for all sorts of different brands and mounts, so you just have to be sure that you buy the appropriate Nikon mount.
 
I've had really good experiences with Sigma, in fact it's all I own now.

18-250 f/3.5-6.3 HSM OS
18-50 f/2.8 HSM Macro
70-200 f/2.8 HSM II Macro
 
I have the Tamron 28-70 2.8 - Love it!!!
I also have the Sigma 70-300 4-5.6 - Eh....not so much. I'll be looking for a replacement for this lens.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom