Tamron vs Sigma

Thanks pixmedic, i liked of that tamron to, my only concern is to shake of my hands (because my nervous system) and blur the image :confused:
I´m realy a noob on this :D what is better, the fixed zoom lenses or that extensible zoom

G'Gay Mvrn78, I'm not sure what you mean by fixed zoom or extensible zoom - do you mean something like a 200mm prime lens versus a 70-200 zoom?

Anyhow, I have an old 70-200mm f2.8 non stabilised Sigma lens, and my hands aren't the steadiest, so I use a monopod most of the time and get great results. Also, in practice you really won't notice much of a difference optically between the Sigma and Tamron.

So your talking about internal vs external focusing I think.

Internal focusing lenses don't change their physical length, while external focusing lenses do.

I don't know what is better for you, it's about your requirements, the 60-300 is probably lighter, but the 70-200 will gather more light giving you the ability to use faster shutter speeds making it easier to combat camera shake.

I hope that makes sense, and helps you,

Shane

Thanks Smokeyr67 it helps a lot, i don´t take much inside pictures to buy the 2.8, but, like you said that it make better quality pictures then i go to the 2.8 :mrgreen:
I had thought about the sigma but for now i can´t get it, so i was looking for the best quality for the price.
Thanks again and best regards

A big advantage of internal focusing/zooming lenses is their resistance to internal dust. Lenses that change length are also air pumps. When their length increases, they suck in air as well as dust. This results in dust on the lens' internal elements as well as more dust reaching your sensor. If you shine a flashlight into the lens, you'll often be surprised by the amount of dust inside, frequently on the back side of the front element. Nikon's 18-200 lens is a classic example of a dust magnet.

Fortunately, dust in a lens doesn't often cause serious image problems. Of course, image quality may be subtly degraded in extreme cases, but the real issue is flare when shooting toward bright light sources. If you have a choice, go for a lens that doesn't change size when zoomed or focused.

Last edited:
Thanks very much Murray, that was a lesson for me today, i didn´t realized that until your explanation now if knew this i had bought a different lens instead the sigma that i have now :confused:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back