Tarantula Molting sequence (shedding skin)

Let me guess... That's a chilobrachy species? or maybe coreomionensis(long spinneret)?

Elson said:
Let me guess... That's a chilobrachy species? or maybe coreomionensis(long spinneret)?

Nope neither of those sp, this sp has only just recently been found by a friend of mine from north qld australia and is as yet an undescribed speices

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA that's awful... brrrr I talking about the creature of course :p

I like these photos as they are and I like what I see.
It is just INTERESTING.
I'm not sure I would want to TOUCH a tarantula, but if someone told me they were not dangerous at all, I would, too.
So thank you for sharing - and I can look at these in all calmness over and over again.

K-Y-L-E said:
Nope neither of those sp, this sp has only just recently been found by a friend of mine from north qld australia and is as yet an undescribed speices
Oh.. but i would say it is either a coremionensis sp or selenocosmia sp. Just look at the long spinneret and last pair of leg.

Its definately from the sub family selenocosmiinae, but its very doubtfull that its a selenocosmia sp, Plhogius yes maybe(it has traits from this genera), but this spider also has a lot of the traits found in phlogiellus speices so its definately a tricky one to figure out so far. Its definately not a coremiocnemis sp (i beleive thats the species you meant?) this has already been ruled out by the person currently in the process of discribing this speices. The adult females and males of this sp look astonishing and have the thickest legs of any australian tarantula ive seen and they are covered all over in red hair over a black backgorund

Anyways this convo is probably best left for a forum that specializes in tarantula taxonomy, good chat tho :wink:

Nice series, I love tarantulas, I have 10, but I haven't seen any of them molt, they always do it when i'm not home.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back