Tartia-Engal Falls | CT Explorations

One more bump before it fades into the Internet abyss forever

Killing me...Beautiful shot! I see photos everyone posts on here and it just makes me want to move somewhere more photogenic. The Midwest is great and all but I can't think of one single waterfall nearby... :(

Killing me...Beautiful shot! I see photos everyone posts on here and it just makes me want to move somewhere more photogenic. The Midwest is great and all but I can't think of one single waterfall nearby... :(

Thanks! Yeah, we don't have too many but we sure have enough [emoji16][emoji5]️

Very nice, love how you placed the leaf in the foreground.

Thanks a lot!!! I am still learning and this will help for the next time I go out and find a waterfall.

Nominated for October POTM.

Thank you for sharing.

Nominated for October POTM.

Thank you for sharing.

And thank you for the nomination! It means a lot. Long ago I used to be worried that I only took images that I like and others didn't care much about them, but I've come to realize that now I take images that I like, and if others enjoy them, that's cool too. [emoji5]️

Cheers!
Jake

Nice shot, though I'm conflicted as to whether I like the leaf in the foreground or not.
It pulls the eye so much. I think I want it to be sharper as a result. Then I scroll to see the shot without it.
I suppose if I can't decide, it doesn't matter.

I think it may be too strong.

I'm nit picking of course, but I go through this with my own shots so why not when I CC other's shots?

Just to be clear, I do like the photo.

:)

Nice shot. I've got to go against the grain. I think the leaf draws your eye away from the focal point of the picture which are the falls. I actually think you have to 2 great picture in the scene. Cropping the leaf out in one and cropping down to just leaf, rock and water.

Nice shot. I've got to go against the grain. I think the leaf draws your eye away from the focal point of the picture which are the falls. I actually think you have to 2 great picture in the scene. Cropping the leaf out in one and cropping down to just leaf, rock and water.

I definitely understand where you and the above are coming from. As a stand alone shot the lead clearly dominates the photo and demands attention. I have other shots of JUST the falls, but I chose to share this one because I wanted the leaf to be the focal point. It's fall, and I *think* this photo conveys that. If I don't forget I'll post the second with no leaf.

Jake

Most reactions

Back